1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next week - speaking about LGBT at school!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sayu, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Sayu

I'm not a native English speaker and we learn English at school. Next year I will be graduating and we are getting prepared for the "grand exam" or how should I call it. Something like GCSE. On the English lessons we speak about different topics and today we started "human relations". We have not finished it yet and will continue next week. So there is this one point about minorities and our teacher wrote down some groups of people including gays.

So the next week we are going to speak about our opinions on these different minorities and I think I'm ready to protect gay people and speak very openly about it. It shouldn't be a very long speech, but I want everybody to know my opinion.

I am not out (just to a few classmates) and I am a bit afraid that this may be considered coming out, but I feel like I don't care. I want to speak about it, let everybody know that they shouldn't blame people for something that is not their fault. I want them to know that I fully support LGBT. I am not going to come out yet though.

Hope it will go well! :icon_wink

#1 Sayu, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. Fisnou

That's a great idea and very brave of you! I hope it goes well! Let us know how it goes.

3. Sayu

Yeah, I will keep you updated :slight_smile: