1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayJay, Apr 27, 2012.

1. GayJay

So i have my prom in two months time, and me and my girlfriend are so undecided if we should go or not. Most people in out school year know were dating anyway and are totally fine with it but will it just create loads of negative attention. We do really want to go together but other people might just ruin the night for us.
    Has anyone else felt like this this? Did you guys go to prom and if you did who did you go with? Should i go!?:icon_redf

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I did not go to prom since I do not like such crowded events.
    I can understand your hesitation, but what you should ask yourself is this:
    Are you going to hide yourself and the love you bear your girlfriend everytime someone might comment on it or are you going to be strong and live in honesty and freedom with your girlfriend?

My advice is the second option. Go to the prom show people what a wonderful person you are and the beauty of your loving relationship.
    If people can't deal with that, then that's their problem.
    If you really feel afraid you could talk it over with the parents, see if they will support you.

Best of luck and lots of support, Thomas:thumbsup:

3. GayJay

Thanks Tomas:slight_smile:
    i know what you mean i don't want to hide it and don't really care what people think. But if people are constantly making comments i won't really be able to enjoy my night. And people will be commenting because my girlfriend is gonna be in a suit if we go so that will draw attention to it i think.
    I talked to my mum and she told me not to go she said ' you might look back and regret ever going with her. And you two going together will be of the main things everyone will remember in years to come'
    I don't really understand her reaction but i think if i don't go ill regret it more.

4. julia

I think you should definitely go! You shouldn't let anyone get you down. Have fun and dance your heart out with your girl :slight_smile:

5. GayJay

Thanks i wish i was that confident about it:slight_smile:

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Then definitely go!

Yes, people might talk about you. Yes, people might say shit behind your back. But guess what? It will happen anyway. If it weren't because you are gay, then they would talk about something else.

So, go with a group of your friends, concentrate on your girlfriend and them, and go! You don't have to stay the whole time if you don't want to, but I would highly encourage you to go. Just ignore the haters and keep on smiling :slight_smile:

I went to my prom with my first boyfriend. I was nervous as heck, but it was actually fun. My school was a bit more liberal in a sense, but we still got looks. But, we also had awesome people around us who said really amazing things. I also had teachers come up to us and congratulate us for going. Those small comments help out in ignoring the bad stuff :slight_smile:

7. Ethann

Ethann Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go to prom with her! When I was in my senior year a guy asked me to prom, and I was too afraid to say yes. I really regretted it for months. So just go with her and have fun :icon_bigg

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You're welcome I'm here to help.

^This^ right here is all you need to know.:eusa_clap

9. GayJay

That so good that you went with him. I think i'm defiantly gonna go but i'm gonna be so scared! But it shall be fun:slight_smile:

10. TheGreyMan

If everyone is OK with it, why will it create negative attention?

Go for it!

11. GayJay

Argh no way that must be annoying to look back on, that you had the opportunity and didn't go. But i can understand how scared you must of been i'm feeling the same now. Don't think i wanna look back and be like why was i so stupid not to go!

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2012 at 08:20 PM ----------

Everyone is okay with it to our faces, but of course they talk about it.

12. TheGreyMan

Oh :/

I still think you should go and have a good time, if that's what you want.