1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Quote about Being Gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tracker57, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Tracker57

Dorothy Parker is my favorite person to quote. I came across this quote tonight:

“Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.”
    ― Dorothy Parker

What's you're favorite gay quote? Come on! I wanna hear some clever ones!!!

Tracker(!)

2. secretguyX

"It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain."
    Francis Maude
    "If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise."
    Johann von Goethe

3. Phoenix91

Ooo I like this post let's see I have a few quotes I have heard and have liked:

Straight Americans need... an education of the heart and soul.* They must understand - to begin with - how it can feel to spend years denying your own deepest truths, to sit silently through classes, meals, and church services while people you love toss off remarks that brutalize your soul.* ~Bruce Bawer, The Advocate, 28 April 1998

"What is straight?* A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains".* ~Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire, 1947

That word "lesbian" sounds like a disease.* And straight men know because they're sure that they're the cure.* ~Denise McCanles
    :eusa_clap

4. Vanille

"There’s this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That’s completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved."
    -Boy George

5. Curly

LOL ... I like that one!

Sorry I forgot the name of the person who said this one. "Some of us say we didn't choose to be gay, but I say we were chosen."

6. steel03

"Ich bin schwul, und das ist auch gut so." -Klaus Wowereit, Mayor of Berlin

In English: "I am gay, and that is a good thing."

7. pompa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "It doesn't have any effect on your life. What do you care? People try to talk about it like it's a social issue. Like when you see someone stand up on a talk show and say, 'How am I supposed to explain to my child that two men are getting married?'. I dunno, it's your shitty kid, you fuckin' tell 'em. Why is that anyone else's problem? Two guys are in LOVE but they can't get married because YOU don't want to talk to your ugly child for five fuckin' minutes?" – comedian Louis CK on gay marriage.

8. JRNagoya

Take it however you want, but I've always been partial to:

9. sanguine

Homosexuality is god's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children.
    Sam Austin

Girls who put out are tramps. Girls who don't are ladies. This is, however, a rather archaic usage of the word. Should one of you boys happen upon a girl who doesn't put out, do not jump to the conclusion that you have found a lady. What you have probably found is a Lesbian.
    Fran Lebowitz

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

First of all my signature.
    "In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation." - Simone de Beauvoir
    But I also like these:
    "True love is genderless."
    "Labels? Okay, fine. I'm bisensual. Heteroflexible. And life-curious. That about covers it. ~Morgan Torva
    “Pronouns make it hard to keep our sexual orientation a secret when our co-workers ask us about our weekend. I had a great time with ….THEM.’Great! Now they don’t think you’re queer ~ just a big slut!” - Judy Carter

"Top Ten Things Heterosexuals Need to Know About Gay People

10. We didn't invent disco music so stop blaming us.

9. We're not sure about Ricky Martin either.

8. We also didn't invent the color black, but we are in complete agreement that you look better in it.

7. We are secretly glad Anne Heche is back on your team. She scares us.

6. Our so-called "gaydar" does not get us more cable stations or better reception.

5. We think your mini-vans are sooo cute!

4. David Crosby was not Melissa Etheridge's only choice.

3. If he's using two or more hair products at any one time -- yes, he is.

2. If she's won Wimbledon sixteen times, she is too.

And, the number one thing that heterosexuals need to know about gay people is...

1. Relax, we don't want you!"

"I was raised around heterosexuals, as all heterosexuals are.
    That's where us gay people come from.. you heterosexuals
    ▬ Ellen DeGeneres

" It’s very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage. Or as I like to call it: ‘marriage.’ You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch. I parked my car; I didn’t gay park it."
    -Liz Feldman

11. qboy

Not strictly about being gay, but for once I actually agree with something I saw on a church poster

[​IMG]

(one day I will see a poster on that church that isn't vandalised)

12. SwissBoy88

-Can two Men reproduce?
    -No but God knows we keep trying!

Sean Penn in Milk

13. Sayu

I was born and I have green eyes, another one has blue eyes and blond hair and another one was born with a desire to love people of the same sex.

When I was in the military, they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one. ~ Leonard Matlovich

---------- Post added 1st May 2012 at 08:57 AM ----------

Could somebody, please, explain me this sentence? I am not a native English speaker and I have never seen this "put out" phrase standing alone in a sentence and I'm not really sure what does it mean :icon_redf

14. Dalmatian

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? (Ernest Gaines)

I wish I was gay, girls are too complicated (a straight friend of mine who I have a crush on - I wish that too :dry:slight_smile:

@Sayu
    putting out; English idioms are killing me. They are not satisfied with 50000 words, they also make idioms that have nothing to do with the literal meaning of the words used :bang:

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I'm not a 100% sure as I'm not a native speaker either but I believe it means girls who advertise themselves, who try to flirt with every bloke and his friend.
    Basically girls who like to act as whores.

16. Sayu

Dalmatian, Linthras - thank you, guys! :slight_smile: Now that quote makes sense and is quite funny as well :grin:

17. King

King Guest

"I don't talk about being gay, and I think, what better equality for gays than that?"
    - Alan Carr

18. Curly

"put out" means have sex with