1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proposing Marriage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just Adam, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Just Adam

Hey all, ive been thinking a lot latetly when i ask my bf to marry me. This will be such an important night. Ive many romantic ideas, cooking a meal and wine. Candles and rose petals etc.

But what im really interested in is anyone here got any wisdom on the beat and most romantic ways to propose ? How you do it or is anyone like me in the planning stages ?

Enough sex threads on here lets have some romance lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Level75

Will you Civil Union me?

3. Just Adam

I meant best not beat. My mind wonders and i dont spot it until i check back here and now. cant edit... Lame :frowning2:

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Adam!!! when did you get a bf! :lol:

How long you been together?? You sure?? you ready??? not trying to put you off.

5. Just Adam

Sorry im taken lol.

Dont like "unions or partnerships " either. They just sound so cold to me.

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

Hi been ages ^^

Been together like 3 years lol. Its pretty complicated. Im sure i want to. As for ready, for actual marriage im not in a position yet due to still being at home with family etc but as a sign of my love, commitmet and future intent i feel ready.

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

3 years?? reallly???! lol

Anyway if you feels its right then go for it!!

I'd say watch a romantic movie and ask him then.

7. Just Adam

Movies a good possibility .... He does like terrible stuff though. Prob end up being a documentary about some tribe in some culture in some country nobody cares about and their harvest dancing songs or summat like that.

Somethin that will result in glass of wine for you my love, bottle for me ! Lol

8. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds like your night needs something with privacy and slow dancing. A night in, soft music, lots of wine, etc. Is that what you had in mind?

9. See, I could give you a bunch of general romantic stuff, but the most special proposals are ones that a completely unique to the relationship.

Is there a place where you two have gone, like on a first date or where you met or where your first kiss happened? Maybe take him to a place like that.
    Is there a memory of something or something he likes to do that you could incorporate?
    What kinds of things does he like?

Anything that anyone says here would certainly work and probably be lovely, but if you want it to really blow him away, it has to be something special to you two.

10. Just Adam

Yea slow dancing would be very nice unless i stamp on his foot nothing kills the mood than a trip to the hospital cos a walrus mamed you.

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2012 at 04:36 PM ----------

Thats true it must be unique. Romance is cheesey though so i guess it will be very 90's romance. Hopefully less meet the parents and more youve got mail. ( sorry my knowledge of romance films is limited. )

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2012 at 04:39 PM ----------

Ok what people think what you all prefer romantic meal at very expensive restaurant ?

Or

Quiet candle lit homecooked meal ?

Ones big and lavish and extravogant, the other intimate and personal possibly showing more effort. Or a disaster if you cant cook and the candles burn the house down >.>

Which would you lot prefer ?

11. King

King Guest

I was going to say something along the lines of what thedreamwatch said...
    Personally, I'd try to make it as personal as possible. If I was dating somebody who absolutely loved like... The zoo, I might propose at the zoo or something, y'know? Sounds dumb but if it holds meaning to who I'm proposing to, then I think it's nice. :slight_smile: Hopefully I'll be the one proposed to, though, LOL.

Try the homecooked meal idea! That way you can have a night in and it can be uber romantic <3 Do you plan on proposing soon?

12. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Adam OMG OMG I'm so happy for you, now, please, remember to use fake, electric candles, with those scent emitters, and never use real ones; the real ones will burn down your house.

13. Just Adam

Yea i prefer intimate home meal :slight_smile:

Im hoping to propose later in the year i just want to plan it in every detail to make it perfect for him.

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2012 at 11:24 PM ----------

Fake candles arent as romantic lol

I was thinking the little candles you can get. Candle lit sounds so better than electrical energy saving safety candle lit lol

14. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Fake candles arent as romantic lol

I was thinking the little candles you can get. Candle lit sounds so better than electrical energy saving safety candle lit lol[/QUOTE]

I've seen them at restaurants before and you can't even tell they're fake until you try to put it out. Its contained in a translucent/opaque candle holder glass so you think its real.

15. Hahahaha xP

16. Just Adam

I've seen them at restaurants before and you can't even tell they're fake until you try to put it out. Its contained in a translucent/opaque candle holder glass so you think its real.[/QUOTE]

Prob be more expensive. If theyre cheaper il get them. I can get better bottle of wine then

17. Jim1454

That's wonderful news. I'm very happy for you!

Don't plan too much or too long. The 'perfect' moment will likely never come - so it might in the end feel right to do it on a moment's notice.

I proposed over a romantic dinner at home. I hadn't planned it. We just happened to be having a nice dinner with wine, and he had received some good news from his doctor, and there had been something else positive happen that day, and I just decided to ask him to marry me. I was just feeling particularly grateful.

The same sort of thing happened when I asked my wife to marry me. (Althought I had been planning to ask her - I had already bought her the ring.) We'd been at a funeral that day actually - my good friend's mom had passed away from cancer in her mid 50s and I got to thinking that life can be quite short. It inspired me to ask her that night and not wait any longer. That time I went out for a nice dinner and after our main course got down on my knee the traditional way.

So don't over think it, and make it personal.

18. SlickyPants

The nice thing about a union is that when you are arguing or fighting you can just go on strike and withhold sex until you get your way!

All kidding aside, I never really thought about how to propose. I'm kind of an astronomy nut so I personally might do something like that. Take him outside of the city for a night under the stars. Set up the telescope and point it and make him look through it and while he's looking, get down on one knee and ask.

As for the candle I think it would be fine to use a real candle if you are going to be in the same room and will notice if it ever falls over. Just blow it out if you two decide to celebrate with a little hanky panky.