1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Apr 29, 2012.

1. SkyDiver

I was a little bored, so I started reading through some old emails from like 2008. I came across a chain of emails that I had between this one guy that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY liked at the time, and I was just laughing at how ridiculous it all was. :lol:

when I look back, I wonder how I ever could've fallen for him in the first place! Which is really helpful for me, because right now I'm majorly crushing on another guy that I can't have, and it seems like I won't ever get over him.

But just like the last guy, I'll get over this one too! So yeah, moral of the story? It IS possible to get over those annoying and exhausting straight crushes. :thumbsup:

2. Leif

High fives to you!
    I know I've personally spent Far to much time crying over old crushes it Really would have never worked out with. Hopefully I've learned my lesson by now haha.

3. TheGreyMan

It's good that it's possible to, haha.

howeveristillreallyamhopingforthatlike0%chancethingscouldworkout

4. Ridiculous

Hah.. I am disappointed in myself when I look back and remember who I was crushing on in the past. I look at them know and I'm just like "what was I thinking?"

5. TheGreyMan

When you're actively crushing, you can't focus on the bad aspects. What's there is just far too overwhelming.

At least, that's what I'm feeling.

6. Ridiculous

Yeah, I think this is partly it, and also partly because I've spent enough time with them to put them into the "friendzone" - a relationship at this point would just be weird.

7. Vesper

I don't think I've gotten over any of mine, and it's probably because they were completely one-sided. I still find myself thinking of some of them once in a while.

8. Zach93

Zach93 Guest

I only miss one of my crushes, well ex's, I was the worst bf ever to him. :frowning2: one of those "if I only" type of things. Well I've learned from my mistakes and I will never have them repeat. Other then that, I've gotten over all my crushes. They were young naive ones so they haven't stuck on my like others probably will in the future.

9. ultrabluecheese

Glad to know you're over them! :slight_smile:

When I look back at my former crushes, I tend to think something along the lines of, "I'm so glad I dodged that bullet!" :lol:

10. Brenny

I only ever had one straight crush. And I'm still not sure if I really did feel that way. I never thought I like liked him. I mean I think I MIGHT have had a crush on my old best friend but I would have never dated him if he was gay anyway. He drove me crazy sometimes. I got jealous sometimes. I would get really mad or really happy with him. We texted every day. If we didn't I started feeling empty and unhappy. But I always figured we'd be the friends that years down the road he'd be married and I'd be single but I'd hang over at his house or at a bar everyday after work.

He was slightly touchy-feely. Like he'd sit super close to me and sometimes lean on me <3 or he'd play around with my hand or my leg or whatever. Oh God there was this time where he slept over and pulled his pants off (I freaked out!) and was wearing tight boxer briefs. Then I realized he had the perfect butt... I had to keep myself calm and turn away. Lol and there was a time when we were texting a friend, joking and he's holding up his phone and tells me, "Brennan, pull up your shirt." I froze. "WHAT?!!" OMG did he just say that?! And he was like, "Just do it." I fight it but I'm like... Ok. I lift my shirt (the door is wide open btw) and he takes a close up of my nipple which kinda looked like a small boob from the close angle (I don't have moobs! It's muscle! I'm too skinny for moobs anyways) and he was jokingly sending it to our friend saying we were "busy" to freak her out.

But anyway he drove me nuts! Then one day he told me he was moving across the country to live with his family. The last words he said in person (in front of others too!) were, "I love you..." I almost died. A couple weeks of being sappy and teary. Another month or two of mildly being depressed. I got over it. We occasionally talk but I had to distance myself because I knew that everything I was feeling was just to much. It was unhealthy. Sadly, I think it kinda meant me breaking that emotional bond but I couldn't take the roller coaster.

#10 Brenny, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  11. Mad Man L

I don't think 'What was I thinking?' when I think about people I've crushed on before.

It is, however, still slightly awkward going up to my (female) crush from 2010.

12. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I was completely blinded most of middle school and i think i scared him a tad bit. Didn't know he was so mean, so yay for scaring. We barely ever talk anymore since he doesn't have the regular classes with me or anybody else

13. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So true lol..2+ years of crushing on straight friend and counting!