1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you ask your crush out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nathan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Nathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've had a crush on this bisexual friend of mine and I've been meaning to ask him out, because I think he likes me too. But anyways, because I'm having this experience I was curious; what did you guys do when you wanted to ask someone out? I'm not looking for advice, I'd just love to hear everyone's personal stories.

2. TheGreyMan

I have never done it but people generally just ask them if they're really dedicated.

You've gotta be really brave though.

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I didn't ask out my current girlfriend, she asked me out. But, if it helps, she asked me if we could play a game. I asked, "what kind of game?" She said, "A game where I ask you questions and you answer honestly." I said sure and we played.
    She asked me what my favorite color was. I said hot pink. Then she asked me if we wanted to go out.
    Quite an awesome way of asking someone out, in my opinion. ^^

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was a real coward in high school, so I just passed a note: "Are you gay?" To which his response was to turn around, look me straight in the eye and say, "No, but I am touched, and we will always be good friends."

5. Just Adam

He was counciling me on man issues and was so sweet we just started flirting and i asked him. Never looked back.

Sometimes just chatting and coming out with it can be the best way.

6. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be honest with him. No point beating around the bush.
    I told my now ex before we went to a party that I have a crush on him and I let him think about it. The next morning, we went on a date! :slight_smile:

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

When I started liking this one guy, I resolved to do something about it instead of just letting my feelings fester like I've do so many times before. I didn't know whether he liked guys, so I had to find that out first. The night I asked started with an extended conversation about other topics, as was typical for us. I waited until it was just the two of us within earshot, and I just asked, "I hope you aren't offended if the answer is no, but I'll regret not asking more than asking: do you date guys?" And when he said no, I just said, "Okay, I figured it was worth asking because we get along so well." If he had said yes, he probably would have picked up on my intentions, and the rest would have been easy(ish) from there. In hindsight, I probably could have shortened my intro to, "There's something I've been meaning to ask you..."

Of course, when I say "I just asked...", I mean I sweated bullets over it and was having "Oh God oh God I'm actually about to do this" thoughts as I was asking him. But that just comes with the territory your first few times. It gets easier with practice. :slight_smile:

8. Emberstone

I am not allowed to say, just that when Neil Patrick Harris finally comes to his senses, he will life the restraining order.

9. Zach93

Zach93 Guest

Make it as simple as possible. Invite him over to your place or even his either works. Get a moment when it's just the to of you, such in your gut and ask him!

10. Zontar

I never did. ;;

11. tiexgrr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well He knows I have a huge crush on him, however at 21 I shy from the word "crush" as its more of a genuine interest in him. We're already exclusive, we just haven't labeled it as "dating"

I'm thinking of taking him to a museum (he's a history major in university) and asking him at a dinner in a month or so if things go well :slight_smile:

12. SlickyPants

I had a crush on a guy I worked with. We worked in different departments so we didn't really *work* together, we just bumped into one another every once in a while.

Well, I put in my notice and decided to ask him once I had finished my last day. Something about asking out a co-worker seemed really unprofessional to me so I waited untill I was done. (Quitting was unrelated to my crush for the record) I didn't want to visit him at work and ask him in front of his co-workers because that might put him in an uncomfortable spot. I had the bright idea to wait for him after work and catch him when he walked home from work. Well, it took me like a month to actually do it because I was a wuss. When I finally did I was probably stuttering like a damned fool and sweating like crazy. Unfortunately he didn't swing that way but he was very mannerly about it and seemed okay with it.

In retrospect I think it was a terrible idea, not because I asked him but because it seemed kind of stalkerish. It was around 1 in the morning when he got off work and I waited at a nearby bar on the patio for him to walk down the sidewalk. I wasn't exactly lurking in the bushes but I had to cross the street to catch his attention and he probably thought I was kind of creepy for waiting for him.

It was a learning experience for sure, and a confidence builder (even if after declining my offer). I think I'd be a little smoother the next time I need to do it. Fortunately I don't work with any hotties at work so no worries there. I still believe it might create an awkward working situation if I asked someone out at work.