1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very scary dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zaio, May 3, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC.

Has anyone had any very scary dreams lately? If so what were they and why did they scare you so badly? I recently awoke from one and was petrified for a few seconds, then for a few minutes after that I didn't move, I'm not sure if this is what they call sleep paralysis or me just not being bothered to move, but all I can say is I really wanted to stop being scared, so I see no reason why I didn't get up.

Anyway, mine was this - I was watching from a distance, like I wasn't in the dream, almost as if it was someone elses dream. There was a woman and a girl, I'm pretty sure mother and daughter, they were brushing their teeth in the sink then the "camera" (my vision) went to a closeup of the girl, then panned over to the right and there was this... Thing watching them. It moved near the front of the girl and just watched her (I think it was invisible, it was perfectly visible to me but they appeared to not physically notice it. Anyway, the thing looked forward to where the girl was looking, then suddenly the girl stopped brushing her teeth as though she could sense something. She was looking around out the corner of her eye, not moving her head, then after a few seconds continued brushing her teeth, all seemed relatively fine. However... Then the mother noticed something, she looked around, moving her head, she knew something wasn't right. Suddenly the demon turned it's head by maybe 150 degrees or so to face the girl in almost an instant. The mother screamed just as (to me) the demon/thing vanished. The mother seemed to get hit, as she reached for her stomach and went down a little, as if she had been stabbed. She done this about 3 times over her body then grabbed her daughter and put her in front of her, using her as sort of a shield. The daughter screamed out loud as well, and died after a few tens of seconds. The mother and other family members (all young) escaped except for the girl laying on the floor.

... This dream scared the living crap out of me. When I woke up, luckily it was day time, as I would have been too scared if it was night, I'm not sure if this is sleep paralysis as it was SO vivid. I keep looking over my shoulder as a type this, it scares me so much because it's as though when we get that strange feeling that someone is watching us, that might happen, even though I know it's a dream. Occasionally after waking up, I got this strange tingly sensation over parts of my body, which made me practically stop breathing, almost sure as though I was about to be attacked.

... All I can say is that if this feeling isn't gone by tonight I'm screwed :lol:

Thoughts? Other dreams? :slight_smile:

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Aaaaaaah!!! That sounds like a terrible dream!
    Well, You know the Jeepers Creepers movies? How scary they aren't? Well, I've had two dreams about that creature in it.... Not cool, because if you think about it, the concept of those movies is terrifying. Well, I can't so much remember the first one, but I remember in the 2nd dream, I KILLED IT!!!!! >:O I won't go into how, because it was graphic and disturbing and angry... but it was a freaky dream. :slight_smile:

3. ScaredAden

ScaredAden Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was reading this with my full attention and then all of a sudden the phone rang. I literally jumped up! Phew...!

4. BudderMC

I had one last night, actually. Not as scary as yours, but scary by my dreams' standards.

It was actually going off really well, some random guy asked me out and stuff. Then the dream cut to me being at work, wheeling around people in wheelchairs. We went on an outing for work to a random comic book/hobby store (which makes no sense), and I unloaded everyone from the lift van, and they were just sitting and looking around. Then there was a bed in the store, and I was lying in it without any clothes on (I distinctly remember this). I rolled over in my bed and saw a shelf of video games, and say a copy of Majora's Mask with a sticker over it that read "BEN" in scrawled writing. So I freaked out (having read the creepypasta) and remember trying to subtly get out of bed. But I remembered that I had no clothes, so I reached to grab my underwear and put it on under the covers, but I suddenly had underwear on already. So I freaked out more, and remember real-life me trying to wake up (like open my eyes) a couple of times, but it not working. And then it worked, and I woke up.

It was weird, and creepy, and disconcerting. :S

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I haven't had one for a loong time maybe 10 years +?? :lol:

Is it weird I really want one?

6. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Me? Have scary dreams? Oh lord, let me pick one of my hundreds.

Here's one that had me in a state for a month. I was dreaming I was a clothing designer. I was doing a pretty good job with my ruffles and bright colors when my boss came around. I didn't see his face yet, but his hands were longer than normal, like the fingers had an extra bone fragment. He ran a pinky up the dress.

He didn't speak, but somehow it was communicated that the clothes I made wouldn't fit the model. So he tore off the ruffles, the tearing of cloth sounding like the ripping of flesh. Somehow, all the color drained from the dress AND the world around me. I stood silent. Soon, he walked away. The dress that was left was white, the body part long and thin and the sleeves as big around as a bare, toilet paper roll. Clearly, my model was extremely skinny and tall. And when I say skinny, I mean like, you should be DEAD kinda skinny. Creeped, I tried to leave.

But, being me, I had to look in the mirror to check and see if I looked okay. My face was fine, so I flashed a toothy grin at myself like I always do.

My teeth were crooked and yellow. I yelped. I was born with naturally straight teeth and take extra good care of them. Puzzled, I opened my mouth. And there it was. My tongue. Half was pink and squishy, as any tongue should be. The other half was reddish, but the edge was gangrene.

Horrified, but unable to stop, I got closer to the mirror. On that side, my tongue was split. The inside was visible, filled with green, dead cells, white and yellow pus and squirmy things. I was too curious to even scream, yet I reached for a scalpel. Mind you, I HATE scaples IRL. I was reaching for my tongue, as if to cut it out.

Suddenly something tickled up my spine. I froze, dropping the knife. It stuck my foot, rooting me to that spot. In the mirror, I saw the face. It was long and wrinkled, as if someone had elongated a man's head to that of a horse's, shaved him, cut up his face, and sewn it back on. My boss.

I screamed, trying to run away from him. He grabbed me from behind. I yanked my foot, tearing it to bits. The pain eluded me as I ran. He was around every corner, and whenever I stopped, he was behind me.

Eventually, I stopped and looked at my hands. The lines in them were tearing apart, like an old glove worn at the threads. The muscle, red and green, shone through like blinding light.

I woke up covered in sweat, only to find I was too exhausted to move. Suddenly, he was on me again. I fell asleep, and he was there. Dreams within dreams trapped me, and awake I was too exhausted to do anything other than fall back asleep.

This went on for a week. Eventually, out of desperation and terror, I tore my room apart, and put it back together. My room was sprinkled in water I asked the Goddess to bless. I prayed for an hour, made a dream catcher, and booby trapped my room with anti-curse things. I wore a crucifix non stop along with an Evil Eye bracelet. I still have all of this up, even the garlic by my bed. I've not had nightmares with that thing again. And yes, I really DID do this. I was raised to believe in curses and fairies and demons, so what would stop me?

#6 RemyLeBeau, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I don't really remember dreams, but one has stuck with me for a while.

A while ago I had a dream that my mentor and I had gone somewhere. I don't know where. We were on the way back from this place, and he was dropping me off at my house. We were arguing about something. I was sitting in the backseat of his car, and I said something (I can't remember what, but I know it was some kind of excuse) and he turned around (he was in the driver's seat) and said, "Yeah, well, there shouldn't be any exceptions." And I know that whatever I had said earlier must have been terrible for him to say that, in that way.

I woke up sweating from that, and I can't even remember what it was about, but I genuinely feel like that was my subconscious trying to tell me something, and that's scary in itself. At least in my opinion. It means I'm fucking something up.

8. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Aww this is a terrible dream! Especially the mirror part, hugs (*hug*)

Have you heard of sleep paralysis? It is actually the cause of a lot of scary dreams, it's where our bodies is unable to wake us up, so it simply makes our dreams into something that will scare us deeply, to wake us, it is usually triggered when we are in slight pain, but not noticable in the real world, or our breathing is restricted, such as laying on our chest. If you type in sleep paralysis on google and go to images, there are people laying on their backs with demons on their chests, it's scary but that is what sleep paralysis is shown as.

As for that other stuff, it's possible that maybe you got this dream once, then were scared of getting it the next night, so it was in your mind just as you drifted off to REM sleep, which could be the cause of it happening again. If you do all this stuff then you're more relaxed about it, thinking you are completely safe and nothing can get in, which causes you to think about other things.

Being trapped inside a dream within a dream is actually pretty common in sleep paralysis, as well as waking up and being physically unable to move, or start hallucinating, as it makes your body wake up while you are still in REM sleep, so it's like dreamworld but in the real world.

Hope everyone has nice dreams tonight :lol:

9. Mad Man L

I had one very scary one.

All I can remember is seeing a humanoid creature in a checkered blue shirt who had the most alien-like face (tentacles and everything) sitting in a green chair, with blood all over him, literally sucking the life out of everything. And it had a knife, as well.

It was more a vision, but it kept me awake for hours that night.

10. elitechris

i don't think i've had really crazy scary dreams, but i do wake up shaking in fear when the dreams are super realistic, like being late for a class i have that morning. i always tend to wake up and go back to sleep and wake up again in a cycle of super realistic nightmares

11. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    While waiting for my appointment, I began to doze off. I then had a vision of an eye going through a door in its own pupil, then going through the door in the pupil of its own eye. The person whose face this belonged to laughed, and the eye opened its mouth wide, reached in, and pulled out its eye, the eye's eye, and its mouth, all morphed together in a single string of eye, eye, and mouth. This person then took this mess of organs, and slapped it across the face of a faceless passer-by. The eyes and mouth wrapped around this other person's non-face, one eye over the other, and the mouth on the side of the head, which began to laugh.

12. cheshire

Out Status:
    Some people
    Its been really long time since I had frightening nightmare, now if I get nightmares they're more comical.
    Back when I used to have scary nightmares more often I would keep telling to myself in dream to wake up or eventually confront the horror and die after that I wake up.
    I would be really scared only nightmares with ghosts

13. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I've had a ton of nightmares, but some are REALLY lame. Friday the 13th gave me the lamest nightmare. I was lost in the woods, ended up at Jason's house, and had to clean his cabins for minimum wage. At he kept trashing the place and there were bugs and I HATE bugs.

It was nasty, but considering JASON was there, I would have appreciated getting impaled, decapitated, dismembered, hung, my head-punched off (see Jason Takes Manhattan for details), drowned, stabbed, thrown through a window, split in half, set on fire, suffocated, shot with an arrow (because he can do that), or at the very least, chased around by my favorite bad guy...