1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Dare You, Huckabee!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hollywood

2. ampthejazz

Ughhhh. It's so scary that he's doing well.

3. Hollywood

if a republican wins i might just kill someone. ron paul is the only one with any sense (i only kinda like him) and he's a very liberal republican.

fuck homophobic politicans.

ill just go ignore my homosexual tendencies to please a god i don't believe in. thanks, huckabee.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If a republican wins the next election, I'm moving to Canada. Simple as that.

5. Hollywood

all the american EC's can rent a house together and ride out the next four years...literally :wink:

6. jroakwood

^^^hahah. if the worst possible thing ever, a republican winning, actually does happen....
    count me in. :slight_smile:

7. 24601

While I think he's disgusting, he has changed a lot since he started his campaign... I'm guessing it's just for face value, though. He did make some concessions in that video. If one of the disgusting Republicans does win (namely Romney, Huckabee, Thompson... the only two I could stand are McCain and Paul, and even that's pushing it... more Paul than McCain, he's took war hawkish, Giuliani is slimy...), I'd consider studying abroad rather than here.

8. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Hey, y'all could use my cabin in Canada! We have it exactly for that purpose...well, not really that so much as it's been in my moms family for years and we have to pay the Queen 50 pounds a year to keep it...but still...

And I'm sorry, but I think all the republicans are idiots, even Ron Paul. I mean, good for Paul for being more liberal than everyone else, but still, I'm not into this whole "fiscal conservatism" fad. The United States absolutely needs more redistribution of wealth because there are millions of people who work 10 hours a day for minimum wage, don't have any access to health care for either themselves or their children, minimum wage in and of its self is no where close to living wage in this country (for example, right now the minimum wage is approximately $6.25, whereas the living wage in DC is $14), and homeless people who aren't addicted to drugs or don't have families are slipping through the cracks because there aren't any private organizations, not to mention public organizations, set up to help them. And yes, it would all be wonderful if private charities could help take care of these problems, or if everyone could pull themselves up by the bootstraps and become millionaires, but neither of those situations are realistic. The truth is that the federal government is the only organization in a position to make a serious difference for these people, and the only way they can do that is by ending the war in Iraq and start putting that money towards programs that will help those who cannot help themselves.

Sorry for that long rant, I get very passionate about politics. I guess it's just part of my DC upbringing.

9. Wired106

Umm... if Mike Huckabee is the guy on the left, then he is standing up for gay people. He was saying how everyone was equal and he probably only said that choice thing because he was put on the spot. Watch the entire video about the other stuff he says. Hes standing up for gay people not putting us down...

10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

*Andrew starts looking for immigration papers to Australia*

That's what I'm going to do if Huckabee wins, seriously that's no joke. Holy junk, if he becomes president we can forget about getting the rights we deserve for at least another decade.

11. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not believe that if a republican winning the presidency would be that bad per say. The Dems hold the congress, and congress is the branch of government that makes the laws. the president can only veto anything he does not like, but even then, the congress can revoke his veto with a 2/3rds majority vote. I do like republican foreign policy (kinda), so I am not sure yet who to vote for next election. I do know it will not be Huckabee.

12. lostinthought9

wow...there's alot of democrats here...lol...too bad im a republican....but, even though she's a democrat, i want hilary to win cuz i think it would be cool for a woman to win presidency, i know its cheesy, but i dont care lol....

13. Hollywood

if you love politics as much as i do and do as much research as i do, you would know that the chance of huckabee having a plank in his platform even remotely helping out the homosexual agenda in any way is a snowballs chance in hell. the man is a southern baptist minister for christ's sake!

hillary all the way!!!!

14. Nodnarb

How can someone who has a chance to lead the most powerful country in the world be so ignorant? Its just astounding...

But there is just so slim a chance that a Republican will win the election that I'm not overly worried. But, then again, I said the same thing about 2004 when Bush was re-elected. I still can't figure that one out...

15. omg ... fuck him him h\man .. ass hole any way ....