1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Don't you hate it when they do that?" - kissing and other stories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caoimhe Fayre, May 6, 2012.

1. Caoimhe Fayre

I really enjoyed watching "But I'm A Cheerleader" a while back, but something that I found funny... also kind of made me think. Remember when Megan, after being kissed by her boyfriend, turns to the girl who's locker is beside her's and asks, "Don't you hate it when they do that?"

When I was in high school, I had some boyfriends, all of whom I thought I should be attracted to (but I wasn't). I absolutely hated it when they tried to kiss me, I felt it was weird, awkward, and kind of gross.

So I told one of my friends from Church, and she told me that girls really aren't supposed to like kissing, and that she has never liked kissing either, but it's normal to not like it.

Now I know that such reasoning is kind of silly (I mean, for such an unpopular activity, it sure goes on a lot, doesn't it?). But at the time, I completely believed her.

Does anyone else have any stories like this? Things you thought were "normal" before you came out to yourself, or things that kind of gave away the gay in you, just not to you - at least not until later, upon reflection?

2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I used to think that being attracted to girls was normal.
    It took me a while to come to terms wiith the fact it meant something.