1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stud vs. FTM

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Phoenix91, May 6, 2012.

1. Phoenix91

I was wondering if anyone could please explain the difference between a Stud and a FTM. How are they different, since some Studs identify as male and act like men. I just want to better understand these two so I can broaden my perspective. Beforehand thanx for responding :thumbsup:

2. Fisnou

In my understanding, studs are somewhere between femmes and butches but still have the female body (they're somewhat androgynous/genderqueer but still have traces of femininity) whereas ftM are girls who have chosen to have a male body and want to be perceived as male... I think.

3. Zontar

Never heard of a stud.

4. Deaf Not Blind

never heard of any stud but a guy who has a big ego. :slight_smile:

ftm, its when a person is born with female parts, but in his mind is confused because he is a guy. seriously! sounds weird but here me out before you disbelieve. a preteen may think he's a boy, at puberty's always in shock of wrong one happening, like horror movie, they try to stop the changes by putting on sorts bras, or in my case i was 10 and put on my too tight kindergarden shirts under my regular ones...to erase traces of frightening female bumps. a ftm does not like they way they look, often refers to chest not "breast", oh that is hard word to say or type, and tries to ignore other regions as much as possible usually. some have almost phantom penis, wanting to use it to pee standing, and look in dismay that its like been chopped off. its called medically gender identity dysphoria, and its destructive. you can end up looking to the rest of the world like a hot supermodel, in your mind be a handsome hunk, and look in the mirror to brush your teeth to see a messed up ugly disfiguring mistake.

this hopefully will distinguish a drastic difference between lesbians who love their female parts and celebrate femininity, and ft.'s who can be straight men who date straight girls like all other straight guys, gay men who strangely enough want to have sex like guys with guys as a guy...no they are not straight women, or any other sexual tastes a non-disgendered person may experience! ft.'s are guys inside, but born in XX genetically induced female bodies. treat them just like any other nice guy, and you will see.

5. Phoenix91

LOL I found out what a Stud is about a year ago. The first time I heard it was from someone I met online. They asked me do you like studs? And I was like.. "umm no I don't like horses in that way...." she started laughing and explained that is a very masculine lesbian who dresses like a man and acts like one.

6. Deaf Not Blind

"acts" being key word, cuz is female and wants sex as female with female, but transvestite, correct?

7. Fisnou

Oh really? I thought a butch was a very masculine lesbian who dresses like a man and acts like one...

8. Deaf Not Blind

almost. ftm transexuals are so sever dysphoria, often suicidal, over their not being male, they go to concealing, get on testosterone, and have many surgeries to correct this and feel more normal. no person other than a ftm or mtf transexual would do this to their body, they need to do it.
    in the category of transgender, which transexuals are put in,there are ftm who don't want surgeries for many good reasons, and just use prosthetics for sex, peeing, and looking normal. they use packers, soft and hard for those purposes. some are expensive and very real looking, so it is about as close to real at this time they can get. they also don't wear bras, no victors secret! :slight_smile: they buy firm binders to flatten out the chest to masculine appearance of pecks. also, they may get gender therapy testosterone and live as a man. they use mens names too. i even got one. :slight_smile: don't ever call them a woman, little lady, ma'am, female, or girly names any more than you do another man or you are trying to hurt them and put them down.

any questions? just ask!

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Stud has to do with your gender expression and FtM has to do with your gender identity.

Stud is a lesbian who acts and dresses very "masculine", but they do not want or identify themselves as men. They still like being women, but they just prefer to look more "masculine"

FtM, like stated above, is someone whos gender identity is male, but their body is female.

10. Deaf Not Blind

there are too many terms. i can see why the separations are needed, but same time just makes the world at large go "huh?"

thanks TheEdend for your info!

11. adam88

That's kinda what I thought. Is this "stud" a new term?

12. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

From what I understand, and keep in mind this is coming from only my friends who are lesbian, a stud is supposed to be almost like a...super butch lesbian. Apparently there are also such things as "soft studs" and there is another one that I can't remember. My friend also says that some people are really strict on what they consider a stud and what its just butch.

From what I can tell, its just "lesbian lingo" as in only certain people really care about it or know about it. To everyone else its just butch and femme. Kind of like how the bear community has A LOT of terms, but to the outside world we usually just know bears and cubs.

13. dreamcatcher

I read somewhere that a stud usually refers to an African American lesbian who is very masculine yet still identifies as female.