1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Summer Camp

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rx79g, May 13, 2012.

1. rx79g

I was just thinking about how this is a great community and all with the support and general good-naturedness, and it made me think it's a little sad that this is just an online community and we can't ever get together all in person. So what if EC was a summer camp? Would you go?

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends where it was, how much it costed and how long it would be, but it's an interesting idea. Not sure the staff have the funds to organise it, though.

3. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. It.s a good idea. I'm pretty sure some of the full members go on meets sometimes. My concern would be arrranging this, as it probably would need to all be done on private messages, for safety reasons.
    I shall be interested to know what the staff think :slight_smile:

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I would love it, but depending on the location and costs involved I don't know if I could I go.

5. Eric

I think it's more of a hypothetical than an "EC should have a summer camp!" thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wouldn't go, but that's mainly because I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really can't stand shared accommodations.

6. GayJay

I would so go, but it would depend on where it was and i would have to hide it from my parents. But that would be really easy!

7. I'd be in, certainly.
    I had a bunch of fun at MBLGTACC this year and that was a big bunch of queer. And EC summer camp would be more like a reunion than that was. So yeah. Would be pretty cool.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the closest that could happen would be ones in each country. I don't think with us spread all over the world, we could get people from Australia, Netherlands, Canada, USA, South America, etc etc to one place...I mean for some people it could be an arm and a leg price wise. Though it is an idea...in 100 years...when people can just walk onto a teleportation pad lol

9. rx79g

Yeah just for the record this whole thing is just a hypothetical daydream I had while on here and half awake this morning while looking outside. In my current awake state I think it was kind of a silly thing to post anyway but oh well.

Ps. If we had teleportation pads it would happen. Period.

10. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eurgh, I could never sign up for such a thing. I am far too reliant on my single room, bathroom, electricity and never-ending supply of food and drink. I also have no tolerance for living in the woods surrounded by creepy crawlies and scary snakes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm also a lazy bastard, so any sort of outdoor activities would just put me into a tantrum. I'll stick with my privacy and my lazy ways. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Eponine

I hate everyone on EC too much to willingly have myself surrounded by y'all. Just kidding. xD

12. Fiddledeedee

I'd show up in time for supper one evening, FINALLY get to meet some of the famed gays that are taking over the world (I've never knowingly met someone IRL who wasn't straight), and eat all the dessert. :grin:

13. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to. Just imagine, sitting around a huge camp fire telling ghost stories, while during the day we would go rock climbing, or hiking, river raving, like a kind of a team building exercise. After wards one could have something like a little seminar, like some platform where you can get out what bothers you the most. Have the group respond towards it.

14. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm sure one of you would bludgeon the back of my head in after a few days. Any temperature over 70 degrees, and any humidity whatsoever, and I start to fall apart. May through September is basically just one huge bitchfest for me. If we had the option of staying at a nice but reasonably priced hotel instead of cabins and tents, then ok. But I don't "rough it" for anybody.

15. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basicaly this. I've roughed it plenty of times before, but the idea of an EC-con of sorts in a hotel is much more appealing.

16. Ben

Ben

Roughing it in the woods?

[youtube]6cNBkks-62g[/youtube]

I would only go if I got my own double bed, en suite and personal man servants feeding me grapes and massaging my feet.

17. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would love to go. first off it beats homeschooling over the summer. =_= that and it would be freaking amazing! :grin:

18. Valeyard

I would love roughing it in the woods/ taking over a campground. I think it'd be fun. Sure, a hotel would also work, but I'd have to share a room with somebody. That's likely not going to happen, except for two or three people on here. And that's only if they got along with each other. If we were in the woods, I'd have my own tent. And it wouldn't exactly be selfish. :lol:

I think it'd be interesting to have a camp/reunion/convention. See people you only knew through a screen in real life, and actually be able to hug the ones you always wanted to, etc. I'd have a blast.

19. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go, definitely. It would be fun to see how some online personas turn out when meeting in real life. And it would definitely be good networking. With luck one of our members is the future first gay president of the U.S., so I'd like to know him/her by the time I'm the first gay president of the E.U. :wink:

On the other hand... all those GLBT people all together: oh the drama that would ensue! So I'm only going on the condition I don't have to moderate the summer camp :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. timo

This would be pretty cool. Sleep do super cool summer camp activities all day and party all night.