1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am sad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by baileyh, Jan 8, 2008.

1. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very sad,my longtime mentor Joe passed away an hour ago.He had a long battle with cancer and passed away.He belived in me although I was female,I met him when I was 16 and have been great friends with him.He did not judge me when I came out when I was because he believed judging someone is wrong.I am getting something from him,a 1980 Chevy Monte Carlo street/drag car we built together when I was 17 years old and his wife told me this.I am going to pick it up Thursday,has a blown out rear end and is not drivable.He felt I should get it if he ever passed away and his wife agreed.He taught everything from welding to engine work and that is why I am sucesseding in my career so far.I have not heard anything for the funeral araingments yet and to hope so.I have support from my girlfriend Yasmine,her son Taylor and daughter Zoe.

2. s5m1

I am very sorry for your loss.

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I am really very sorry, and I hope that you'll be able to find at least some comfort from your memories.

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

sorry about your mentor

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh so sorry Bailey....what a great gift he was to your life though. Keep that in mind when you are hurting. (*hug*)

6. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The car is one of my memories,I helped him building the car and ran on it's first run and went 104 MPH down a dragstrip.It comes with the pictures when the car was built and the video tape when it first ran on the dragstrip.He taught me in life to believe in myself and I was the first Irish person he ever met,I told him I came from Ireland when I was 10 years old with my parents.I know it hurts,but I know he is going to look down making sure I am safe.He was a good mentor to me and knows I sucessed because of him.

7. panda

What a great friend to have

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The loss of a friend or mentor hurts, luckily you have memories and good times to mend your pain.

I'm sorry for your loss.

9. Jim1454

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing it was to have him in your life.

As a car person myself, I can appreciate how you'll cherish that Monte Carlo, and think of him each and every time you work on it or drive it.

Remember to take care of yourself over the next few days - I'm glad you have your gf and her kids for support.

10. step49x

Sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like he was a great person to know.

11. Zec24

I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had the chance to know such a wonderful sounding person, hopefully that knowledge can carry you through this time of grief.

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Aw.. (*hug*) u too souund great friends.. :frowning2:

13. Javi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im Sorry 4 Ur Loss ; I Also Faced A Grieveing Loss Not That Long Ago. [ Hope U Feel Better ] (*hug*)

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

(*hug*) good people never really die. he can live on through you. (*hug*)

15. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am cherishing that Monte Carlo,picked it up last night instead of today.I even sat in it last night and knew he was sitting in the passenger side side seat.My mentor Joe was great to me although his life was screwed up and cleaned it up.He got into the drugs when he was 15 years old,arrested 3 times and knew he wanted to clean up his life after the third arrest.He did clean up,got help at age 20 and was sober ever since.He was a great guy to me and taught me the positive ways.He was 60 years old and the funeral is on Saturday.

16. Louise

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You have been very lucky to have a person like this in your life.

I don't know if it will help you in any way but I firmly believe that our bodies are just fleshy envelopes which house our spirits, the essential being of who we are. The envelope wears out or get sick but the spirit lives on in the hearts and minds of the people who loved them.

Your mentors body is gone but everything he ever said to you, did with you, or taught you you will live on in you, so a part of him lives on in you and to all those you share this knowledge with. (*hug*)

17. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is an update,I did go to the funeral yesterday to pay my last respects to him.I did cry when I saw him in his coffin.Luckily his sons,Jim and Robby were there giving me a hug telling me that I had a guy in my life that cared about me.I did get a hug from his wife Edith too and told her thank you for the birthday gift I got from her,his toolbox full of tools.I did speak out and it was tearful.I said this:I have so memories of Joe and they are great ones.He was a second father to me and always believed in me.He also did not judge me and taught me Judging anyone is wrong.I am glad he was in my life and gave me the greatest gift,a 1980 Chevy Monte Carlo street/drag car we built together.I know he made mistakes in his life,with drugs getting arrested 3 times and was clean ever since getting help when he was 20.I believe he he made my career sucessing in my career as an engine builder,fabricator.