1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Schedules in Summer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gerry, May 14, 2012.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those of you in college, are you taking any classes over the summer? And if you are, what will you be taking? The spring semesters have all just about ended now so I'm wondering. I will be taking a French course (as a requirement) because I was asked to teach as a part-time instructor a local community college in the Fall 2012 semester. I'll be teaching one introductory French course, so long as it doesn't get cancelled!

2. dreamcatcher

Sadly I will be taking summer classes. I'm taking Molecular Biology I and II, both done in six weeks. I'm also taking Human Anatomy & Physiology II which will last the entire summer. Molec I and II are required for my major and Anatomy and Physiology II is one of my required science electives.

French sounds awesome though so good luck with the course and teaching :slight_smile:

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with those science classes! Those sound so demanding! I was never good at science or math though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Brenny

I need Physics 151 before I graduate so I'm taking the 12 week course right now. We just started! Got 27 credits left for the next fall/spring semesters and then I graduate with my Environmental Science degree!

5. dreamcatcher

Oh I hated physics so badly. Good luck!

Gerry- Yeah definitely demanding. And it sucks when you hear from other classmates that one of the teachers is just awful. But I have this strange love-hate relationship with biology so I stick out haha!

6. BudderMC

Taking two maths, a lot about differentials and stuff. The first one because I failed it (being preoccupied with my personal agenda), and the second one I dropped because I figured if I'm down here anyway retaking the first one, I might as well lighten my load xD. Both last 6 weeks, one after another. 3 weeks in so far.

I'm going to try and fit in a psych course too second term (electives, towards my minor, lightens my load again)... the only one that I have the prerequisites for is Human Sexuality though. Seems interesting, but might venture into Freudian stuff, which makes me sad. :frowning2:

This summer is about finally catching up and then getting ahead!

7. FJ Cruiser

I'm taking Electricity and Magnetism Physics at the university in my hometown. It's a general engineering requirement with little use in my field, so I just need to get it out of the way. I took this class my senior year of high school, but I made the stupid mistake of not taking the AP test because I had some major senioritis. The good news is that two of my friends from my old study group in that class are in the same situation, so we're going to get Physics with Phriends (our name for the study group) back together again.

8. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Currently taking two coursers, a Sociology class (my elective) and a Computer Science class. The sociology class is about Personal Relationships, and it's the last elective course I need to graduate! I'm really liking it so far. My comp sci class on the other hand...

9. frostreaver

None, I don't believe in summer classes :icon_twis

10. ok455

Im taking one online class for the first month if all goes well i want to take two more online classes.