1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Must REALLY Make It Obvious.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Custard, May 14, 2012.

1. Custard

I seriously have to. I must make it obvious that I'm gay because two people confronted me on it today. First, some guy I don't even know comes up to me and is like, "Are you gay?" I'm just like... "Uhm..." and I walk away. Had to stop my eye mid twitch. :I

Then later on the bus ride home, my best friend in the universe sits next to me, and he asks me if I know this chick named F(blahblahletters), who apparently, he claims, is super duper hot. I'm like, "Maybe. What grade?" and he said, "6th." (Yah, were about to end 7th grade so uhm, nice choice bro) I said, "Oh. Yeeuh. Why?" he said, "She is so hot." and I said, "Oh. Ehw. No way." and he kinda gave me a look and said, "Do you like guys?" I paused for about 30 seconds and stared back. "...Ya." Wow. I wanted to slap myself. I really wanted to scream NO but we were on a bussss and it was very uncomfortableeee. Then he laughed really hard and said, "You paused for the longest time. Oh my god." The way he said it, and the way he looked kinda gave me a vibe of I know you like girls, but do you like guys? kinda thing. But idk. Maybe it's just me. But it was funny, embarrassing and now I'm ashamed that I lied to him.

Thoughts on this or what? :tears:

#1 Custard, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

You prob. lied to him because you aren't ready for him to know.
    -If it is as obvious as it seems it may make it easier for people to understand when you finally come out.
    -Stay calm, you will be fine. (*hug*)

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its a shame you couldnt tell him, but understandable given the situation, if you think he already knows and you feel ready to tell him then find a quiet time with just you two, or text him and say 'you know that conversation we had on the bus, well I couldnt tell you at the time but ................'.

4. Chickzak

I suppose you dont feel ike you can tell him just yet, and in some ways, its good you didnt. Dont feel like you have to given a circumstance, take your time.
    You can always tell him later as silverhalo mentioned when you feel its right.

Dont worry so much, loads of moments will pass and you'll be like.. damn! That was the perfect oppurtunity to come out with it, but you'll feel in a position some day where you were glad you waited and come out.

Dont worry :slight_smile: xx

5. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's all right, come out when you feel like it. I'm sure he'll understand. You just weren't ready for him to know. xx

6. Bernard1992

Don't worry, you'll have plenty more opportunities and when the time is right, you'll tell them.
    As for the obvious or not.. people kind of pick up on small little things you do or say and then get an idea in their head and due to our curious natures, the more out going and brave ones will ask. I'm not 100% out that I am attracted to males and am in college and am asked all the time if I am gay, you learn to live with it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not much advice I know...

7. Zontar

What a rude question. Your school is a bunch of idiots.

8. Level75

I think we all make it obvious in some way or another. Not that people would outright look at somebody and say, "That guy's gay!", short of some really big signs like rainbow wristbands. But it's getting really hard for me to ignore because certain individuals from high school always used to strike me as having a different quality to them. Usually, it's in how they talk or their accent or how they carried themselves around women. Like he had a girlfriend but not really. Suddenly, on Facebook, they are revealing they're gay years later. Retroactively, the fact that they are seems to make a lot of sense.

I had an art teacher who fit all the stereotypes, like very immaculate hair, small frame, "gay lisp" and flamboyant selection of words. And he always used to talk about somebody named Billy. I used to think "Oh, this Billy person must be a very good friend of his for him to be talking about him all the time." Years later, I add him on Facebook and he's gayer than a fruitcake. Jeez, how could that have flown right over my head?!

9. anonymous1

Yup, I agree we all make it obvious. About 7-8 of my friends have asked my lesbian friend if I was gay. I'm not even all that obvious! I don't talk about guys but a lot of my friends don't either. I don't dress butch, wear rainbows or anything that particularly screams "LESBO!" but they can still tell something is different. I wouldn't worry about. When you feel ready you can tell your friend, as for that other kid fon't let it bother you.

10. Brenny

I totally understand your story. I feel like lately I have a sign with an arrow pointing down on me screaming "GAY!!!" I swear every other person has been looking at me weird or making hints that they know. At work they've all been extra pushy. The other day a chick I don't even really know was like, "So are you gay?" and brought it up out of nowhere. Random. I'm not obvious but apparently there's just a lot of little things that people pick up on. I think people are just very alert to the fact that we exist and so they kinda look for it.

11. super confused

That's really rude for someone to just ask you that. Unless you've got a pride bracelet on, or a shirt that says "Yes, I am and no, you can't watch," it's no one's business but yours. What I would do (because I'm kind of a bitch sometimes) is ask anyone who asks you. Just return the question. And when they ask why, just say something like, "Well, you asked first... I thought you might be trying to get me to ask you so you could come out..." But, if you can't think fast on your feet or you don't like being a little vindictive and petty, that's not a good method, and you should just tell people that it's really REALLY rude and none of their business.