1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest regret so far??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, May 15, 2012.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

What is your biggest regret so far in life, whether it be something you have done you wish you hadn't, or it may be something you wish you had done now that you look back on it. For me my biggest regret so far hands down is not getting to know the people in my family, it is a shame that I know almost nothing about my extended family. I wish now that I was able to get to know them, unfortunately I don't see them much now....So, what's your biggest regret EC'ers??

2. Level75

It's cliche, but school. I didn't work as hard as I could've. I mean, I made out Ok for the most part. But for the first 2 years of high school, I got quite a number C's and D's and the occasional B's. Then, in Junior year, that turned around completely and I was getting nothing but A's and B's. That's despite the fact I was in a couple of A level and Honor level classes. So I believe the first 2 years were due to nothing but pure laziness. I hated doing homework, which offset the fact I did great on exams even though I hardly ever studied.

Thought I was over it, but same pattern repeated in college. I overslept a lot. Didn't study effectively. Spent too much time just wandering aimlessly. Then, suddenly in the later 2 years, I got my act together and suddenly I loved studying. I loved doing papers...yes...strange, I know.

There are times when I really wish I could do it all again, but better this time.

#2 Level75, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  3. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I regret being so antisocial for my first two years of secondary (high) school. Now I am Midway through my third, and it's like I lost a huge chunk of my life :frowning2:. Plus, it's hard to get back from because my reputation has been ruined

4. Ell45a

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I regret not talking to my mum in the weeks before she died :frowning2: its done now but I wish I could go back and change it .

5. Oblivion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I regret ending the school year without having managed to make a single friend in biology XD which made the lessons really sucky and lonely.

6. Emberblaze

Biggest regret.... having out a cheat sheet for my history test a few weeks ago. I didn't need it, and I didn't even use it. I had 10 questions out of 100 left, and right when I was bout to put the damn thing up, boom, I got caught.

It's an ap us history class and my teacher had a baby at the start of april so she's on maternity leave, but I imagine she's gonna be so disappointed when she finds out... My grade's an 87 in there, but a 0 as a test grade.... hrrrrmmmmm, I wanna throw up now taht I'm thinkin about it again....

Never cheat, guys, never cheat...

7. GayJay

mine is the way i acted the first 3 years of senior school. Shitty behavior got me the 'rebel' reputation, which i hated and got me kicked outta a school. I was also extremely homophobic(only to cover up my own gayness but its still not fair) and my mum the person who had brought me up my whole life i just fucked her off to go and live with my do nothing abusive, alcoholic dad(long story).
    Yeah there not my biggest regret but don't even want to think about some of the real things so yeah.

8. Lad123

I regret not keeping in contact with some of my friends before I went to university. I thought that the friends I made during university would be enough but having graduated last year, I feel so alone now xD

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in regret... I think it makes people focus too much on the past and the mistakes they've made, rather than the present and the opportunities that are before us.

But there are 2 instances in my past that I now know that I ought to have done differently. The bigger of the two is not pushing myself more when I was 16/17 to plan for my future. Rather than confront my fears of that particular point in my life, I swept them under the rug where they have since festered to the point where they still plague me today...

Does that count as a regret?

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would have to say that my biggest regret is nit coming to terms with my gender identity and sexuality sooner. I spent years of my life believing that I was living in sin. I feel like I lost some parts of my high school experience because I was too busy trying to hide who I really was.

11. gothdoll

gothdoll Guest

My biggest regret is befrending someone that used to be popular. She was still stuck in her little drama world and talked about me behind my back, trying to turn the whole school against me. But it backfired.

12. secretguyX

Well, sadly, there's a few things. But I'm trying to live without regrets now.

1: I regret not being closer to my dad before he died.
    2: I regret (and I still am like this) being so damn quiet all the time.
    3: I (sometimes) regret coming out to a few people, whom I hardly knew, as bisexual at my friends birthday party.
    4: I regret not talking very often with people who I used to be best friends with.

13. Mercy

Mercy Guest

I regret not being so nice to myself

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Don't worry your only 13!!!

Pupils change through the years, trust me, I've seen it. Unfortunately it happened a bit too late for me :lol:

---------- Post added 16th May 2012 at 12:35 AM ----------

My biggest regret is letting anxiety/paranoia take over my life, if not.. My life would be completely different.

15. dreamcatcher

Hmm too many to count but here are the top 5:

1) transferring Universities
    2) moving back home
    3) Not being able to stand up for myself to the people that made fun of me in elementary and middle school
    4) I regret not being able to make friends when I had more time last year as my social life still remains nonexistant and it's a lot harder to actually do something about it now that I'm busier.
    5) Not being able to maintain any friendships from high school or my childhood.

16. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Worrying too much what other people think...wasted too much time with that. And unfortunately, sometimes still do.

17. castle walls

I don't really believe in regrets. Everything that I've done has made me who I am. Besides, if I made a decision, then I made that decision because, with the information I had at the time, I thought it was the best thing to do. I can't really be upset at myself for doing my best

18. RocketJim

I regret not getting into therapy when I had the chance. Technically I should probably have started going when I was real little but even later I still had the chance. Now I have no insurance and can't afford it.

19. super confused

I do not regret things. I only accept that there are things I should have done, things I should not have done, and that there are consequences that I must deal with.

20. FJ Cruiser

For me, I really wished I had gone to a different junior high/middle school. I went to a private uber-Christian school for elementary, and I wanted a change, so I went to the school that I was zoned to, ignoring my mom's suggestion that I go to the magnet middle school. I was such a misfit in that school that, even though I was never disliked, nobody would talk to me. It wreaked havoc on my confidence to the point that it still affects me five years later.