1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking up is hard to do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KatoKumi, Jan 9, 2008.

1. KatoKumi

:/ So I'm breaking up with my boyfriend right now. And he's having trouble understanding, which is why we're breaking up. That's besides the point.

My question to you, EC, is:

Would you rather break up with someone or have them break up with you? I know this depends a lot on situation, but normally which would you prefer.

I'd rather be broken up with so that I'm not seen as a jerk. But so far with all my boyfriends and girlfriends, I've done the breaking up which makes me feel really bad.

So, what's your input?

2. biisme

maybe if i had ever had a boyfrind/girlfriend, i would have a meaningful answer

3. Nodnarb

I don't know. I've never been either way. My first gf and I broke up because she was moving away. My second gf and I broke up because things were just awkward between us(if I hadn't been in denial, I would have realized it was not just her mother, it was because I was gay). I brought it up with her and we talked about it for awhile and decided we'd be better off apart...so yeah....

I can see both ways tho. Being broken up with(especially if you didn't understand why)would be REALLY tough, but, like you said, you might get seen as a jerk if you do the breaking up...

4. SpikySpice

They say it's better that you get hurt by someone then to hurt them

I dont know, it depends on the situation, if it's his fault, I'll break up with him, but i can give him a chance

If it's my fault, I try my bets to apologize but if he dont want to be with me anymre then what can I say?

There is this guy who really piss me off, I wanna break up , but it's not easy to do so cuz he just keep whining and stuffs and begs me to stay. It's not taht Im scared to hurt him cuz his fault anyways but....idk why im just stuck with him like always, i dont love him, but he does love me, and its been dragging on since October, is it my fate lol

You have to be strogn when breaking up, forget about everything, or it'll just stay the same, but after a break up, it's hard to be friend, just enemy....

5. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's better to give the pain on your terms, then to be hit unexpectedly.

6. KatoKumi

:frowning2:! Well it's like, the opposite with me. At my age, all the boys I date, mostly, are immature. And if they break up with me, I'm a big boy and I can take it. But if I break up with them, they take it as hurtful; I end up being the jerk. And they make me feel bad for the next few days-weeks-months, somewhere in there. Added to that, they tell some of my friends, and they stop talking to me; so that sucks too. :/!

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Oh this is really hard!....not really. I would much rather brake up with someone than get dumped, any day of the week.

8. kevinx519

i say you did the right thing. if you feel that things arent going to work out, then its better that you end it before false assumptions are made. i dont know anything about you and your bf (or rather now ex-bf) but id say the next time around, give the person another chance before doig anything too drastic. they may change their ways. but yes, to put it simply, you should end things before a) they get too awkward and your relationship becomes strained or b) his feelings for you deepen and you ultimately end up hurting him even more.

9. Wired106

I would rather do the breaking up because I know if something is bothering me that much to even think about breaking up, then it obviously would be effecting my life and I wouldn't like that. Also, if someone breaks up with me, then I feel absolutely terrible and it's hard to get over for a while. Instead i'd probably tell him what hes doing wrong or tell him to stop doing something because it's bothering you and if it continues, then you should consider breaking up.