1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super confused

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WALK2222, May 19, 2012.

1. WALK2222

I've been extremely confused lately, and have no one to talk to about it. I just feel like whenever I pass by a "hot" guy or "hot" girl I would immediately rather hug the guy, learn about him, who he is, what he does, where he's from, everything about him. I have started feeling like this ever since I have hit puberty. I haven't had any feelings for girls at all in the process. If I ever try looking stories about being gay as a teenager, they always say just give yourself time. I know that is always the best but it is just so hard not knowing. Ugh I just don't understand what to do :confused: Has anyone gone through the same thing I am going through right now and wish to share some advice or stories of going through it? Just want to talk to someone who knows what I'm talking about right now...

2. philosophy4life

I do. It's hard and really confusing at times. For me I would immediately rather hug the girl, no offence guys (*hug*). I guess the best this to do is go with the flow, if possible.

3. WALK2222

thanks :slight_smile: I just wish I could literally interact with someone just like me, live one of those fantasies but instead of girl and a boy, the same gender. Having a great loving same-sex relationship, unfortunetly I haven't met anyone who is also questioning their sexuality so its kinda hard to understand whats going on :icon_wink

4. super confused

Well, this place does have a fair number of people questioning, but we've all been there.

5. WALK2222

Haha yes, I am definitely glad I found this place :icon_wink

6. Just Passing

Hello WALK2222 and welcome to Empty Closets. :slight_smile:

To me it sounds like you may be having feelings more for guys than for girls and that's perfectly fine. It also sounds like you're rather confident in this as well, which is a good thing. If you can, I would suggest talking to your parents about this, so you can at least establish that you're having these thoughts and that you're confused.

We've all been at the questioning stage, all the best of luck. :slight_smile:

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Walk2222, welcome to EC first of all.

Secondly, I'm kinda like you. I hardly speak to women, I feel that there is absolutely no connection towards woman (Sorry no part intended and no I am not a sexist). There are one or two that I am friends with, but still i haven't spoken to them in ages.

I feel much more comfortable speaking to guys. I really do not know why, but that's just who i am. i grew up between two sisters if you can imagine, maybe it has something to do with that, but i really do not think so. It's for me far easier to connect with guys and being friends with them than it is for me to try to connect to woman and being friends with them. the two I mentions i am friends with, well one I met through a friend, they were dating for quite some time, so that's how i got to know her. the second one is the sister of my old gay landlord. We got to be friends as she's a designer and on some occasions I helped her out with her work. But as far as that, i really do not speak to women. Those at work, well i am only friendly, joke a bit with them, but usually our conversations are less than a few minutes!

8. WALK2222

Thanks for all your kind words and advice guys! Responding to thylvin, I have always felt more comforable talking about my feelings towards guys too, but as many of you know sometimes they don't want to talk about feelings :icon_wink although I do have friends that are girls, but our conversations are normally short and normally on feminine things :slight_smile:
    also I have never had that feeling of "having a crush" towards girls. But I have come to realize that I may have had actually many towards guys and now even known. take "ridiculous photogenic guy" (if anyone knows about him) he looks AMAZING. Haha I guess thats what it feels like to have a crush :icon_wink anyway thanks for welcoming me guys, this has definitely made me feel better