1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you came out...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ttmab, May 20, 2012.

1. ttmab

How many people said 'I knew it!'? I've heard that without fail from every single person I've told. Literally all of them. :lol: I swear, it's like a joke that everyone but me was in on. :slight_smile:
    I think it's hilarious, personally. Any of you get that alot?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I probably got a 50/50 thing when it came to that. Some people said "wow, really?" and some people said "that explains a lot". It used to actually really bother me that people used to be able to know, but now its just eh.

Now, after two years of being out, being the president of my GSA and wearing LGBT related stuff, I still sometimes get the "you are gay? I didn't know" I usually just laugh or look at them weird xD

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Nobody. One of my female friends had a slight suspicion I might be gay, but no-one 'knew' I was bisexual before I told them.

4. brocub

I only got it from the people that have known me since Kindergarten. And the other gay guy who lived on my floor in my dorm this past year. With the people I've known for a long time, they knew because it became obvious I wasn't interested in girls when I had no interest in learning about female anatomy and how badly the lies I told were to look straight. With gay friend, he has excellent gaydar. We've discussed many times which guys we think are bi or curious.

5. Fiddledeedee

I got the opposite – lots of people told me that they never thought it would be me and it was a big suprise. Nobody knew already, since I'm one of the "straightest" girls I know. :lol:

6. sguyc

No one. Except a girl who pegged me pretty quickly but she has a lot of gay friends so it wasn't fair lol.

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both my sisters and mother said they knew.
    My one friend said he knew there's something about me which he couldn't quite possibly place, but it explained allot!

8. sydneyguy83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Actually, pretty much everyone was surprised when I told them. I actually thought more people would have said 'I Knew It'.

One friend didn't even believe me at first and thought I was joking.

9. timo

This, one friend didn't believe me at all when I first told her. The others I've told weren't that surprised, I think they kind of expected it. It wasn't like "I KNEW IT!" but it wasn't a big surprise either.

10. GayJay

Only one person said the knew it. They blamed there awesome gaydar cause she was gay herself. Other than that everyone has said oh wow your the least person i would except it from.

11. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only twice. One was my brother, whose reaction basically was "hmm, I did already consider the possibility"

And one friend who once point-blank asked me whether I was gay. You don't do that if you aren't already pretty sure.

The others gave me a "really? You?", though all of them did admit it made sense in restrospect.

12. ttmab

This is pretty much how it went down for me. :lol:

[​IMG]

13. Dalmatian

Cool cartoon, makes me think of "Make the Yuletide gay" :slight_smile:

I haven't come to many people yet, but of those ten(ish) nobody suspected in advance.

14. julia

I'm only out to three people, my family, but my sister said "i had a feeling you were".

15. King

King Guest

Nobody said they knew it, but I mean... Nobody missed the signs I'm sure!

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody said "I knew it". A couple said, in retrospect, that it wasn't all that surprising. But nobody gave me the "duh" response. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here! Except in Yuletide the dad paid the mom lol.

My...entire school knew interestingly enough. People I didn't even know, knew. I remember there was a post on a picture of me my friend tagged and someone who's name was familiar but didn't actually know him actually said "Has [Revan] come out yet?" lol. (Obviously replaced my actual name with my username).

My Grade 10 Civics teacher even said to my mother during parent/teacher interviews "I think your son is at least bisexual" LOL nowadays I laugh at then, back then my mouth dropped because I was more or less "how did she know..." in my head, freaking out about if Mom actually thought so now too.

18. ttmab

Huh. Glad I'm not the only one, lol. You know it's weird, too, because I'm not particularly flamboyant or effeminite. Something about my mannerisms apparently just broadcast it to everybody.

19. Atticus

My uncle was not surprised when I told him. He was going for lesbian (and I think he thinks I like girls) and not trans, but he wasn't surprised when he discovered I don't fit with the gender binary.

20. rainbowfox

my dad even know who was my last crush :lol: