1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Impossible? or Possible?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tokarov, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so....

I remember reading somewhere that it's pretty hard to tell if someone is gay or not. Everyone is there own person, act they way they do and such, because that's just who they are.

I mean, we all know the stereotypes...girly, flaming...etc.

I've heard it's all in the eyes too. If your walking down the street, or at a party and you notice some guy is looking you up and down, or repeatingly looking at you...well that might increase his chances of him being gay or bi, and interested. I've heard that's the strongest way to know.

I don't know...I guess being stuck in high school, and for sure your the only gay one that you know of, I guess you look for ways.

What do you guys think?

2. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well the eye thing sounds about right, because, I don't know about anyone else, but I stare if I'm interested. A lot. lol Although I tend to do the stare until he looks at me then look away, then look back, repeat cycle thing though.

3. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    strait guys and gay guys both have unique stares. u can tell by how they look at you, or you look at them.

4. KDUk3Ang3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell me about it right? I don't know how many times I've fallen for a straight guy, thinking that he may be gay/bi. :lol: Yea, it really sucks. D: But I do like the eye idea! Gotta try that out. :]

5. step49x

I've heard that if someone looks at you, looks away, and looks back, there's a chance he's gay.

I was at a Salvation Army store the other day, and there was this kid that I walked by that had solid eye contact as I passed him. I looked away 2-3 times, and every time I looked back, he was still looking at me. I wasn't sure what to think of that. If he didn't look like a freshman/sophomore in high school, and if we both didn't have our moms with us, I might have actually tried talking to him...

#5 step49x, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. Nodnarb

I agree on the eye thing, if only because I know I do it...there is this one freshman in band that I have a huge crush on and I glance at him and then he'll look at me and we'll lock eyes for a few seconds, and then we both look away. Its happened every few days for over a month now.... He HAS to be gay too, doesn't he?!?

Hmm...one if his friends is my friends brother....maybe I should ask about him...

If he were gay....that would be freaking awesome.

7. smartguy

yea, totally eyes
    but i wouldn't call myself experienced or anything

theres this one guy (i swear he's gay)
    he always has this look and gives me this weird smirk
    (or its wishful thinking cuz he's hot)

8. step49x

I don't think I'd trust the eye contact thing 100%, because it can be misleading.

I was at a grocery store this past Christmas break, and I waiting in the checkout line. I thought the bagger was really cute (though i thought i recognized him, somehow). We kept exchanging looks, so I wondered if he was gay. As the cashier was ringing up my stuff, he ended up talking to me (by name). I guess he knew me from high school, and was several grades below me. I think the eye contact was just him trying to figure out if he knew me. If I could only remember his name, though, I would definitely go look him up. I'm still curious if he's gay, though. If only I could remember his name... :dry: Oh well, I'll have to look him up in the HS yearbook, some time.

9. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish there was a way man....

In class one day, cause I was bored as hell. I actually thought of how cool it would be to invent some glasses that, when you put them on and TURN them on, they analyze peoples movement and the way they talk and act, and can tell with some pretty good accuracy whether gay, bi, or straight.

Gay=Green color.
    Bi=Blue
    Straight=Red (as in NO-GO lol)

but, sadly, it'll never happen.

So for now, The eyes thing may not be 100%, but I can asume it's the most accurate.

Unless someone else has a thought? I don't know any gay people or anything and it's so hard to tell, everyone looks so...straight :bang:

10. CrimsonThunder

I met a guy the other day that was very active with his hand gestures, he laughed alot like a girl and talked very sexually. His myspace said he was straight but a guy came to pick him up so I was pretty sure he was gay. I caught him staring at me a few times too. (Not to say that I wasn't doing that too or anything ;P)

11. Alexander

How to tell if a guy is gay: Kiss them, and if they punch you, they're straight. DISCLAIMER: This only works if you are really sexy! :O

12. lodiug

Yeah I had the same problem with my first crush..that guy looked at me every chance he got. But sadly they say he's straight so I bought some bandaid and on put it on my broken heart.:tears:
    Anyways the eye thing could be right...I'm gonna try it at school monday...hihi...:badgrin:

#12 lodiug, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Regarding girls in my (limited) experience that eye-thing has turned out to be the most accurate way of telling - it has worked spot on for me twice (with both we had the whole looking-at-each-other thing going on and for both people I later learnt that they were in one case bi and in the other case lesbian). That is, not ordinary staring or anything, but flirty-staring, and looking away, and that sort of coy look, and looking into their eyes for a second too long. But obviously, it can be misinterpreted (you don't want them to think you're being confrontational, which I suppose is more of an issue if you're a guy). Maybe girls have a particular way of looking coy and stuff, but so far it seems a better way than how they dress or talk or anything. So not 100%, but at least if they're looking at you, there's a reason for it, and it *could* be that they're interested.

14. acorn7

I think the eye thing is the best... not that it's worked for me, but I definitely do it if I'm attracted to someone, to "test the waters" so to speak.

15. yaoi fanboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well if he smacks your butt he could just playing but if he enjoys it then he might just be a little fruity