1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meditation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nathan, May 21, 2012.

1. Nathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of the times when I'm feeling sad, instead of crying or anything like that, I find it's much more effective to just sit down and meditate; it really calms me down just to clear my mind and just turn into a blank slate. When I stop, the problem is still there, but I feel more calm and more able to think of a way to deal with it. It doesn't always work, but in general I find it's a great way to relieve stress and sadness, and it really helped me to overcome my depression that I used to have. Does anyone else do this?

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love meditation though I do it for different reasons. Usually when I am facing a difficult choice, I would meditate, think about everything that will influence my decisions, and if I take a decision, what will the out come be. It helps me to make the right kind of choices. It also helps me to understand something better. Meditation is good, and if you want to meditate on a subject, forget everything else exist accept about what your meditating.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I do that a lot of the time. When I'm really stressed, I take deep breaths and try to focus on something entirely outside my normal experience.
    Preferably something vast and unknowable, like the sheer number of stars in the galaxy, or the fact that Jupiter has atmospheric phenomena many times larger than earth itself.

It generally helps me get a sense of scale about my own problems, and a bit more faith that, even if things can be sucky, existence really is a work of art that I'm glad to play my role in. And then I usually find it easy to think of ways to solve my initial problem.

It works rather well to keep calm and relaxed even when not stressed, too!

4. Just Passing

I would love to learn the art of meditation, but I wouldn't know where to start.

As a spiritual thing, it is fantastic and as already stated, it is a great way to clear the mind.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I like to meditate to clear my mind, as it is always racing, mulling and thinking.
    Which also gives me a scowl apperently.
    It's a great way to relieve stress, both physical and mental.