1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fun foods

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, May 21, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

hey I was searching online and found this, thought i would share in case someone was interested in making it.

Keywords: rainbow rice crispie treats, marshmallows

Here is the recipieā€¦

Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
    (Adapted from the Original Treats recipe, makes 25 squares)
    1 x 400g pack of marshmallows (I used white & pink ones), about 7 cups
    approx 7 tbsp of butter
    7 cups rice krispies
    Food coloring
    Grease and line a square cake pan with baking paper. Place about 1 tbsp of butter and one cup of marshmallows in a medium saucepan and place on low heat, stirring until completely melted. Add purple food colouring and 1 cup of rice krispies, take off the heat and stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or a piece of wax paper, evenly press mixture into the bottom of the lined tin, trying to make it as even and well-packed as possible. Repeat with the same amount for each other colour; blue, green, yellow, orange and red, pressing each layer tightly over the top of the previous one in the pan. Optional: top with another layer of with no colour added, making it 7 layers in total.

Rainbow Rice Crispie Treats! | wePRIDEny

2. BudderMC

DUDE! That's sick!

I only wish I heard/thought of this earlier before coming out to all my university friends... in first year, I somehow got unofficially "dubbed" the "Rice Krispies guy" in our group because I made a few batches (holidays, fun, boredom, etc.)

These would have been so appropriate! xD

3. Deaf Not Blind

hahaha!

yeah pass it on. :wink: