1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls make me nervous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musikk021, May 24, 2012.

1. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I'm around girls that I find attractive, I get so nervous that I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like everything I do, like how I sit or stand or whatever, feels awkward. I don't want them to know I find them attractive so I try to act like I don't notice them or just try to act nonchalant overall, but whatever I'm doing to make myself seem casual is probably making me look uncomfortable and awkward. How am I ever supposed to meet a girl or date one if I can't even talk to them? I feel so ugly and especially around cute girls, I feel so inadequate in their presence.

2. WALK2222

Sounds perfectly normal to me! I feel the same whenever I am around someone I find attractive. Don't worry pretty much everyone feels this way when they are around someone they like! (*hug*)

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Ha ha, I know I do.

4. GayJay

Yeah i never know what to do most of the time. Feeling totally awkward not knowing to stand or sit or look at them.
    I was relived when the girl told me she was extremely nervous too. Then i kinda thought this is how most people feel around the person their attracted to. So yeah this i totally normal but all i can say is i think it get's easier. Each time i have been on a date i have felt just slightly more comfortable, you probably will to! :slight_smile:

5. TheGreyMan

This is 100% normal, regardless of whatever your sexuality is. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure it's called sexual tension and EVERYONE experiences it. Well, I guess you might not if you're asexual. But you know what I mean.

6. Lewis

This is really normal, as others have said. I get really nervous around people I like/find attractive and it's really embarrassing, I can't hold a natural conversation with that person, it's really annoying. This gay guy I know comes up to me all confidently and starts talking, being friendly and there's me, an awkward wreck. It really pisses me off... :/

7. needshelp

i see where you're coming from. there were a good number of attractive women that came on my job the past two days. but here's the thing, as attractive as they were dressed in whatever acting weird or whatever, they certainly didn't bring about that same spark that a hot guy would bring about. (!) anybody here know what i'm talking about? the only thing that i felt weird about was possibly outing myself showing no interest in them like that.