1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GROSS: Artist in Japan, has "her" Penis and Balls Cooked, Served, Eaten!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, May 26, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

Artist serves his genitals for dinner to 'raise awareness'
    Artist serves his genitals for dinner to 'raise awareness'

"Japanese artist Mao Sugiyama had his penis and testicles surgically removed, prepared them under a chef's supervision and presented them on plates to five customers who paid $250 for the, uh, privilege. :eek:

Sugiyama, who says he is "asexual", hosted the stunt to "raise awareness about sexual minorities, x-gender [and asexual] people." The high cost of the meal will apparently go toward his hospital bills. Despite the massive "ick" factor, everything Sugiyama did was legal. "

2. sguyc

Does he even consider himself a she? When I read the story I thought it was some dramatic attempt to highlight his asexuality, like he didn't need sex organs cause he wasn't going to use them or something.

3. Deaf Not Blind

Yep, not say, just ASEXUAL and 'artist.' I am inserting "her" as "it" is not okay. :slight_smile:
    So, it is about drama, and fame, and oh yeah it pays for the genital removal. :/

They need to find a way to make those organs like heart transplants, recyclable. Too much waste. Just saying.

4. I think it's a bit rude to change the pronoun to "her," as no where in the articles did it say Mao Sugiyama identified as female. In the second article, it even said

People who are asexual may choose gender-neutral pronouns such as zir/hir, they, and some even personally like "it" (although I have only witnessed that a few times). It's usually best to ask what people prefer to be called before imposing a label on them, or use gender-neutral pronouns if you're not sure, such as in this case.

5. counterspade

That's a new way to eat a dick...

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow....

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The article made an error; they would be agender. Although I would be surprised if they weren't asexual too after removing their genitalia ...

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Err... wow.. That is one way to get surgery payed for... not sure I would go that route though (Even if I had those parts..)

9. Deaf Not Blind

Dude! No way im gonna meet this person! and so if some way they pchyically get offended i said her not it, as in i would never call a person an object, good grief! pfft!

Hungry anyone?

---------- Post added 26th May 2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

haha! yeah.

What will be next to top this?

---------- Post added 26th May 2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

oh the article you can read was kinda weird. i doubt reporter knew what to write. just made it extra media frenzy event. there may have been a lot of stuff wrong in article, asexual agender did anyone actually eat it? and they didnt even really say what exactly the artist was trying to make awareness of like transgenderism or sexuality or maleness or human rights or what. so it was just gross sensationalism.

---------- Post added 26th May 2012 at 08:58 PM ----------

me either.
    if i were desperate i still would not get a chef to cook up a tasty dish of penisbutter balls!

10. That wasn't the point. The point is that nowhere was it implied that this person identifies as a woman, so why are you using feminine pronouns? As someone who is transgender according to your orientation status, you should know how hurtful it can be to get misgendered. I'm not saying you should say "it", but you can either avoid pronouns all together, or use neutral ones that I mentioned above. It doesn't matter that the person will never read this, it's just basic respect.

11. Deaf Not Blind

i guess i have a hard time respecting someone who charges hundreds of dollars to eat their cooked balls. it aint exactly what i call polite either. kinda offends me a bunch. makes a spectacle of something private and serious.

i get your point. taken. but its just pc policing me, and misses the point.

12. Since all you seem to have gathered is that I'm "PC policing" you, I don't think the point was taken. Just because you don't respect a person or disagree with them, there's no need to intentionally misgender them. What if the next time someone disrespected/disagreed with you, they did that toward you? Doing that just conveys to people that trans people only "deserve" to have the right pronouns applied to them, if they meet your standards of decency, and that's messed up. If what this person did offended you, you should have mentioned it before now instead of making jokes like "Hungry anyone?" It's a valid opinion that they made "a spectacle of something private and serious", and instead of people being all ewww about this subject, it would have given a constructive topic to discuss.

13. Bi As A Kite

S/he'll regret it when s/he fancies one off the wrist later.

14. secretguyX

I'm too grossed out by the title to even read the article.... :rolle:

15. Naren

What is this I don't even...?