1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not your Buisness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, May 26, 2012.

1. How would you respond if one of your parents felt like it was their buisness to tell the rest of your family that you're gay? Personally I'm pissed off. :bang:

2. WALK2222

I would be quite angry myself too :l

3. She said she told them because they are her sisters and they won't tell anyone but I know them well enough to know by tomorrow my entire family will know because they are always looking for something to gossip about.

4. WALK2222

I understand what you are going through. Your mom is probably looking for someone to talk to about this "one of her sisters" because it is a new experience for her (if you recently came out). However I do not agree with this and I believe that it is your right to tell who you want to tell.

5. I came out a few days ago to them but she could have at least asked me first if she could talk to them about it.

6. starfish

When I came out to my parents I told them it wasn't a secret and I didn't care who knew.

I don't think my dad has said anything but I pretty sure my Mom has told my uncle. They could put it on the Goodyear blimp for all I care. In fact that would be pretty cool.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would be pissed as well.

I can somewhat relate to you, as whatever I tell my Mom she feels the need to share it with others. This is pretty much why I'm a very private person.

#7 Mike92, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  8. counterspade

When I came out to my mother, she respected my privacy tremendously. She asked me if she wanted me to keep it hidden from my step-father a little longer, and I said yes. She never brought it up to him, or my other family members. She told me that I can battle it on my own terms, and I have. I've built up the courage slowly, but surely to tell other family members and friends. I've just acquired a lot of the sense that I don't care what they think anymore.

I'd be a bit upset about it, but I wouldn't get all defensive. If she asks, tell her you didn't appreciate it, and that you would really like if she asked you beforehand.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^This.

As hard as it might be to understand, your mom just found out and probably needs to tell at least someone about it. She chose her sis because she trusts her and she probably doesn't understand how much of a big deal everything it is to you.

Sit with her and talk to her about what your plans are about telling or if you rather wait a while before you tell anyone else.

10. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im like this..although i ended up coming out to my family on a public facebook blog thing...so it was fairly public whether it needed to be or not. so by that point it really didn't matter who knew the only reason my family found out later than everyone else was because i know them well enough to know that i couldn't tell a single family member alone without angering the rest of them. and gathering them has become a pain in the ass throughout the years.

11. angelicbabe8

I would be royally pissed too.

The upside is that you wont have to go through the motions of telling them as well

12. I guess I'll just talk to her and tell her not to do it again or something, I'll make it up as I go.