1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much eye contact is too much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kenko, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as "Gaydar" goes, eye contact is supposed to be major indicator (though not absolute!) It depends on whether they make eye contact with you, whether they look away, whether they look back, etc, etc. The question is, how much eye contact is too much eye contact such that it look suspicious?

Where practical (trying to figure out the status of someone in my class), I might conveniently situate myself so that they are next to or behind a friend of mine, so that if I'm having a conversation with said friend, I can still easily tell if they're looking at me without making it obvious that I'm watching them.

Any other thoughts?

2. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

haha i know exactly what you mean, i do the whole thing where i can see if they are looking without them noticing that I am too (lol it sounds really sketchy but whatever). there are a handful of guys that i catch looking at me pretty often during some of my classes and I really wonder about them as a result, but its probably just wishful thinking i guess, i tend to think every cute guy i meet is gay lol

#2 Kovax14, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  3. KDUk3Ang3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here. >>; And I hate that! I find myself subconsciously thinking every cute guy I come by is gay and also looking at me. Bah! I hate it so much. :roflmao:

4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I stare just long enough for them to look back. After they look at me, I'll into their eyes for just a second and turn my head and smile or something like that. It works, but it can't look fake.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But how many times can you do it? It may be hard to conclusively prove from one event whether or not they are gay. Plus if they are pleasing on the eyes you may be prone to looking at them a lot.

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's why I try to make the distinction between "Gayday" and "Hotdar"

7. lodiug

Well I think my hotdar works better then my gaydar...:lol: