1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pain free needle free injections....soon?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, May 26, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

Best Online Videos | Wimp.com, jet-injected drugs may mean the end of needles.

i watched it. oh this can help in many ways! daily injecting horemones is a thing that needles stop some transfolk from doing. this is easy.
    also, insulin, allergy shots, emergency benedryl, babies getting shots, etc.

hope it is developed from prototype to daily use very soon. :slight_smile::eusa_clap

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw that last night. Definitely a neat idea. Even neat that it wirks not just with liquids but also powders. I think needles will still be around for a while, though. My epipen autoinjector is a lot smaller, and simpler. As an added bonus, it works thru clothing, too.

I can readily see that being used for vaccines, though. No more need for single dose vials to avoid cross comtamination, just a quick alcohol swab on the tip to take care of any surface contamination.

3. Zontar

About ten years ago I remember reading about needles so thin, they didn't irritate your nerve endings. I wonder what ever happened to those.

4. Deaf Not Blind

yep! some inventors are actually going to help people. :slight_smile:

5. aeva

I think the idea of it is great, and have actually used this method on patients before, as there used to be a popular feline leukemia vaccine that could be delivered this way. It was found after a while that accidental injuries had been occurring (femur fractures, specifically) and distribution was, I believe, stopped.

I'm not sure what the testing has been like for the human version, but I think I'd be much more hesitant to use a jet-injection knowing about the previous issues with the technology. If the bugs are worked out, I definitely think it's a great leap forwards though, especially for those that need daily injections.

6. Deaf Not Blind

well this video said they are able to adjust the stream so it shoots in fast to a certain chosen depth then slowed for the duration. i think they are working on that. :slight_smile: