1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Paul is Awesome!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gustav, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The debate is not over yet, but so far Ron Paul is owning all the republicans! Hilary might be a woman and Obama might be colored, but Ron Paul has the Ideas that i have never seen in any of the candidates so far. I know he might not be on the Gay rights bandwagon, but that is what a Dem congress is for. Besides, his other Ideas and points made make so much sense!

What do you guys think?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sorry but I cannot jump on any Republican bandwagon. And a Republican President can veto any piece of pro-gay legislation that comes to his desk.

3. Jerr

Might have to start looking into it.

Whether he is for gay rights or against them is only a fraction of what I'll be looking at.

Yes, it is a very important issue but it isn't the only thing out there that I think this country needs in a good leader.

4. nisomer

hes against all gay rights...he only voted against the gay marriage amendment because he is very big on state's rights and doesnt believe in the federal government controlling its citizens.

5. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He really isn't like Huckabee who is gun ho over gay rights. He seems like one of the few GOP candidates that may support rights. I have only heard by moth of his anti-gay thought.

6. Jerr

*shivers* I hate Huckabee...

He was gov. in my state... damn boy will put the whole country on a diet if it kills him... *grumble grumble* took away our coke machines and replaced them with overpriced water... Took away our snack machines and replaced them with... WATER... *grumble grumble* kill *grumble*

7. Hollywood

exactly. and republicans have been known for not being stingy on their vetoes.

8. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm sorry, but I can't lie. I'm not one of these gay people who is like "I'll consider other issues besides gay rights." Um, absolutely not. Maybe it's selfish, but gay rights is the #1 issue for me. It affects everyone on this site. We don't have the rights we deserve, and every gay person should be out there voting to get every last anti-gay bastard out of our government.

And if Huckabee becomes president, I'm emmigrating somewhere. Real talk y'all. Seriously, people say that as a joke but I'm not, I'll be leaving this country.

9. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not want to piss people off on this site, but i just don't like all the socialization Dems promote. I know they are for Gay rights, and that is of most importance, but there should be a candidate that is for gay rights. . .but also for free markets and such.

10. Jeimuzu

Corrected. :wink:

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Luckily we believe in free speech here as long as its appropriate for 13 years olds and up. :slight_smile:

12. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I'm sorry, but I highly dislike Ron Paul. Of course not as much as Huckabee, who absolutely terrifies me, but he's up there on my list. If any republican had to be president, I would want it to be McCain, because, even though he's not as pro-gay rights as Guiliani, he's much less corrupt. McCain also does endorse some form of gay partnership, not to the extent of marriage or even civil unions, but it's a start. However, I will not be voting for him because he does not support hate-crime legislation, and I don't think he supports ENDA either, two bills which I think are MUCH more important than gay marriage because they protect the life and liberty of everyone, whereas gay marriage/civil unions, while important, are more in the pursuit of happiness vein.

Also, another reason I dislike him is because of his "anti-federal-government" rhetoric. The last thing this country needs right now is for the federal government to step back. Of course, it needs to scale back some things, like homeland security and surveillance, but there are too many helpless and underprivileged citizens whose only hope is a federal safety net. This issue brings my to why I support Hillary Clinton. Hillary has numerous and relatively inexpensive plans to help end extreme poverty in America. She wants to create a universal health care system, which will still allow everyone the freedom of choice for doctors, funded simply by allowing Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy to expire on time. She also has plans for changing the foster care system, and ways to help foster kids who have turned 18 to complete high school and maybe go on to college. These are just a couple of plans which I greatly support because they aren't giving handouts which will uninspire people to work and thus harm our economy, but help those who have no one to help them, so that they can become productive and contributing individuals to our society.

13. acorn7

I really, really like Ron Paul for the fact he seems extremely honest, convinced, and not caught up in the stupid political machine. And of course, I love his stance on Irak.

On the other hand, I highly disagree with his opinion of gay rights and abortion (as far as I can tell, he's against both). So while I'd still vote for a democrat (if I were 18 and in the US...), I really like Ron Paul.