1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kissing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wonton Burrito, May 28, 2012.

1. Wonton Burrito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so bear with me, because this is a pretty embarrassing thing to say, but I've been in the closet my whole life, so I've avoided relationships in general. So here goes: I have no idea how to kiss. I don't know what to do. Advice, tips, anything? I feel so stupid asking...:confused:

2. TheGreyMan

Oh god um, I agree with this.

I've actually never kissed anyone romantically before...

+1...

3. Harve

Don't worry, you'll know exactly what to do when you get round to it. It might be a bit awkward for a few seconds, but following your instinct is your best bet.

4. PillsHere

Go with the flow?
    Just try and follow whatever the other person is doing. Really, I've never experienced a "bad kiss."

Tips to make it more enjoyable though is make sure you don't have bad breathe, eat a tic tac or something. Make sure your lips aren't chapped, obviously rough/crusty lips aren't that enjoyable kissing.

5. rainbowfox

Harve is absolutely right, just let the instinct and your feelings lead you :slight_smile:
    I never experienced it yet, but I think it will be a magical moment :slight_smile:

6. RealityCheck

I posted this before, but I just go off the energy of the other person. I have my preferences about what I enjoy most of course. I'm not that big on someone trying to shove their tongue down my throat. I don't mind kisses with the tongue, but their are much better things to do with it than to see how far down my throat they can reach. I've kissed more girls than guys due to my deeply closeted past. Sadly, the girls have the guys beat at this point. I think they go off emotion and energy more like me. Or maybe it is just in that role I was the one guiding them in the direction I like. Not sure if that makes sense. Anyway, again everyone has their preferences and that just makes finding the right partner that much more exciting.

---------- Post added 28th May 2012 at 08:32 AM ----------

This is good advice. I will say that I have experienced a bad kiss. None of you should worry about that though. Just go with what you feel.

7. Zontar

Pretend you're turning a screw with your tongue.

I dunno if that's any good, but one guy told me I was a good kisser because of it. =p

8. amigay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Neither have I lets practice :wink:

9. Lewis

It'll come naturally, it's not one of those things you learn or you're really bad at when you first try it. You'll just go with what the other person is doing.

Sometimes I worry that I'll forget how to kiss, but I never do. xD

10. jsmurf

I'm still waiting for my first gay kiss. :frowning2:

All this time.. Wonder what it's like when it finally does happen.

11. KnightAssassin

Learn to play trumpet or trombone that will help you be a better kisser in my experience and what I have heard too.

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not alone. I don't know a clue about kissing. x3

13. Just Passing

I haven't had much experience when it comes to kissing, but it is possible that it comes very naturally, much like learning to ride a bike for example.

And I wouldn't worry about it either, I think everyone has at least one awkward kiss in their life.

14. Just make sure you don't make it too wet and slobbery but other then that I'm sure you will do fine.

15. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lose yourself in it. When you get the chance, forget about technique and whether your tongue is too far or something. Just let go and embrace them, and let them embrace you. Be passionate. That's all you have to do.

16. secretguyX

It's just something that will come naturally. At first you may or may not be awkward, but after the first few times you'll get the feel of it. There's no specific "tips", just be passionate, but not overly passionate. And I wouldn't recommend using tongue the first time, kiss normally first.

17. castle walls

Don't feel stupid for asking. It is a pretty common question

I agree with the others. Just go with your instincts and match what the other person is doing. When I had my first kiss, I found that I somehow knew what to do. However, I recommend that you do not brush your teeth right before the kiss, especially if there is going to be tongue. An hour or two before might be okay but five minutes before is not a good idea. This could just be my personal preference but there are a lot of other people that don't like it as well

18. julia

Trust me, it will just come to you. Just don't think about it too much and you'll be great :wink:

19. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm doomed. I've got bad breath that just doesn't go away. It's not very strong, but it's still there. Mints, toothpaste, you name, it doesn't help for very long. My lips are also like sandpaper. Again, nothing helps. Lipbalm only serves to make my lips annoyingly glossy and greasy.

20. starfish

So I didn't have my first kiss until I was 28, or was it 27. I can't remember it was too long ago.

Anyway it took me all of 15 seconds to figure it out.

Kissing is like sex. Every one has something different they like. The figuring it out is what makes it so much fun.

The whole turning a screw with your tongue I so want to try that, as I like a lot of tongue.