1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I Dont Like

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, May 28, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So I was talking to my cousin and she was talking about how I would be the man of the relationship. And I was thinking isn't the whole idea that there is surprised to be two men in the relationship? (or Women) Maybe they just don't understand the concept so they associate one person being the man and another the woman? I just don't understand it.
    Sorry this is kinda rant-ish.

2. PillsHere

By man/woman she meant dominant or submissive. Some gay guys have a preference, some don't, some it's very strong.
    Such as myself. I am a strong "bottom" (submissive) I personally can't be dominant in any of my relationships, I have no idea why, just makes me really uncomfortable. I'm still rugged/masculine and such a majority of the time, but when it comes to intimate things I turn into the little helpless cutesy type.

3. starfish

Some people are just hung up on hetro-normative relationships. There are people of straight couples who don't fit that mold and are very happy.

When someone says that to me I usually reply with "Sometimes I'm the girl, Sometimes he's the girl, and sometimes we're both the girl."

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Yep, like it was already said, people equate being the girl to being submissive and being the man to being dominant. Not only is it sexist, but it also doesn't really describe the complexity of most relationships.

You are definitely right, though. The point of being in a same-sex relationship is that there will be two men and two women. There is no need to label one person the girl or the guy. They are a couple who works together and that's that :slight_smile:

5. secretguyX

A lot of people feel the need to make gay relationships fit into heterosexual categories. It's just a natural thing people seem to do. Not that's it's right. But by "guy", they usually mean dominant, and by "girl", they usually mean submissive.

People seem to think that the flamboyant guy is the "girl", and the masculine guy is the "guy".
    Or that the butch girl is the "guy", and the feminine girl is the "girl".

It's just people stereotyping and putting labels on things. Just don't let it bother you.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One quote I love is along the lines of "Asking who's the man/woman in a gay relationship is like asking which chopstick is the fork."

7. King

King Guest

I am SO using that when I'm asked!

8. starfish

I don't care much for chopstick, but I love a good fork.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually it's just describing who's the dominant and who's the submissive. So the "guy" often would be considered the dominant, and in the bedroom could be considered the top (not always though, see "Power bottoms" lol), and the "girl" would be considered the submissive/bottom (or "Submissive Top")

10. toms7

i dont like when people judge about something they dont know,they just think without knowing a thing!