1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My suicide story is now public and on a podcast

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DanA, May 29, 2012.

1. DanA

Hey, I didn't know where to put this thread... and I wasn't even sure I should do this but this forum is the first place I shared my story of my suicide attempt 10 years ago. I called into the Best of the Left podcast to leave a message on the latest episode (5-28-12) so if you wanna listen to me cry a whole bunch, take a listen. It's at the end of the episode. It starts at 61:10

Best of the Left Podcast

I dunno, I think it may help some people (that's my hope at least, I never want a single person to go through what I have... never).

I did do a follow up call that might be on the next episode or so promoting this site as a great place for closeted people or questioning people to come and talk it out.

I can't thank all of you enough for helping me get to this point in my life. You all are wonderful people. :icon_bigg

#1 DanA, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Well done you, that was incredibly thoughtful, not to mention brave. We are so proud of you, and where you have come.

I'm sure it will help many people. Thank you in advance on behalf of them all :slight_smile:
    It must feel good, to know that you could have changed someone's life in such a positive way.
    Well done again :slight_smile:

3. Route466

Route466 Guest

Thank you so much for sharing such a personal story, Dan. It is so important that you did this, not only for yourself but for those feeling trapped in their lives and experiencing the same hopelessness you were able to overcome. I hope this liberates you from those painful memories. You're wonderful, and the world is lucky to have you.

4. DanA

You know, I've forced myself to listen to it about five times now and it gets easier to digest each time. I've literally never told a soul about that until a few days ago and it amazes me how much emotion I still had about a 10 year old event... although, it was a near death experience. Now it's motivated me to make sure no other kid needs to go through that.

When I start teaching in the fall, I now have the perspective to help not only kid who are LGBT but any teen who feels like an outcast. Through here and through the classroom, I'll be able to dedicate the rest of my life to stamping out the climate of hate that caused my own self destruction.

5. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So it was you who posted that thread a little while ago. Nothing but respect from me, that was a very brave and compassionate thing to do. :slight_smile:

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

That was brave of you! :thumbsup:

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are so brave, thank you (*hug*)