1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard coming outs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, May 29, 2012.

1. Who was the hardest for you to come out to? For me it was my best friend, he's gay too but it was still really hard to tell him.

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I have not come out and am not sure if I ever will.

But if I do, I'm guessing my dad and two older brothers would be by far the toughest to tell.

3. WALK2222

I don't know why..... but for some reason my dad was the hardest to tell... I don't know why seeing as we have a good relationship and is totally accepting. Not sure

4. King

King Guest

I think the hardest to tell will be my oldest brother. I don't know why... My sister will be a breeze, my other brother will most likely be alright, and I already told my mom and dad... It's weird, cuz my oldest brother and I don't even get along, so I don't know why I'm so worried about it. I can't imagine him being upset about it, just not really agreeing with it.

5. secretguyX

I would say my one close friend, because she was the first person to ever find out, which was fucking terrifying.

Or my other friend, whom I never truly came out to, she saw my tumblr and found out. She'd been my best friend for a long time, and she was always the first person I wanted to tell, because I could talk to her about anything. I just never got the courage too, I was really afraid. Now I feel like a coward though....

6. It's thundering out side!!! Just wanted to throw that out there :slight_smile: and my friend said he didn't care but I knew that anyway but I was still terriffied to let him know. Usually we can tell everything to each other but I didn't want him to know. I think I was more scared of him telling someone because I'm not ready to let people know. Well really my family because I swear every single one of them are homophobic, other than that I don't care who knows.

7. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

My grandmother, which ironically enough is who I started with and it just went down hill from there. My coming out was very sloppy, it all happened haphazardly, but definitely started with my grandma. She set the mood for the rest of it and it was not good.

8. vyvance

9. Lord Phoenix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first person I told, it's been a bit easier since then.

@ vyvance: why are you named after a med? (I take it that's how i know)

10. vyvance

Just happened to catch my eye while I was looking around the room trying to come up with a username. Change one letter and bam, new name.

11. Naren

Hardest for me was my best friend who was of the opinion that Transgenders were unnatural.

12. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The hardest for me was one of my friends that I went to youth group with that doesn't really agree with the whole "gay lifestyle" thing. Mostly because I wasnt too sure on how she would react..

13. FJ Cruiser

The hardest will probably be my grandmother. But so far, it's been my parents.

14. Just Passing

When it does eventually happen, it'll be the majority of my family. I can't see them having much issue with it, but it'll be rather stressful to go through.

15. Daveed 7125

Daveed 7125 Guest

My parents have by far been the hardest. My mom cried and my dad, the next day, TOLD me to my face that I was straight. My mom told me she couldn't believe that I was CHOOSING to be gay. Now I go to a counselor every Saturday because my parents can't accept the face that their "perfect little boy" has a flaw. He (the counselor) tries to tell me that homosexuality is all in my head. I'm not really gay, I just think I am, so then I act like I am. I personally think he makes no sense whatsoever. I'm sorry for ranting. I'm under stress with it all and this helped a lot. Thank you.

16. Lewis

I haven't come out yet, but I actually think my mum would be the hardest to tell, not because she wouldn't support me or that she's homophobic (because she's far from that), but because she has a tendency to overreact and get all weird about things. Oh, and the grandchildren thing, that would be hard for her and my dad - I'm the ONLY person who can continue his surname.

17. Loras

Dont know why but my dad was, but he was quite a bit more accepting than my mum. my sister was the easiest, but when i told my mum she cried and cried and when i told my dad he just said thats cool was really strange.
    I dont know why it was harder to tell my dad we get along well ever since i left home, maybe its just the fact hes straight and he might not be able to understand it as much but he was very accepting

18. Fiddledeedee

Telling my brother was hard because he was the first person, but I knew he would be fine with it. Telling my mother was way harder because I had no idea how she would react, except there was a high chance it would be negative.

19. Harve

I remember coming out to my mum being horrendous. Shit a brick.

20. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either my parents or my ex-boyfriend were the hardest. They were all accepting in the end though. :3