1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to someone is not flirting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, May 30, 2012.

1. So my mom thinks I have a crush on this one guy we both know. He's 24 and he is attractive but I don't like him. She believes that because I'm gay and he has a dick and I talk to him I must like him. :bang: Just because I talk to another guy doesn't mean I like him.

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You may want to talk to your mom and tell her this, but in a respectful way...Try to get her to understand this.

3. I've tried she doesn't believe me.

4. Ianthe

Bah. Moms can be like that. If you were straight and talking to a girl, she'd probably make the same assumption.

5. rainbowfox

Ianthe is absolutely right, all moms do the same thing, the only wants to participate in your romantic feelings, take it as a joke :slight_smile:

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've often found the best way to deal with parents in those situations is to throw the situation back at them.

Ask your mom, casually, if she's talked to (your teacher / the mailman / the auto mechanic / a salesperson at the mall) who happens to be male. And then ask if she's interested in him or flirting with him. When she says no, say "It's exactly the same with me and this guy." And you could add "And when there's a guy, I'll let you know. But don't assume that I'm flirting with or interested in anyone just because he happens to have a penis."