1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strict parents anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, May 31, 2012.

1. Does your parents let you have a friend of the same sex thats gay spend the night? :icon_wink Just wondering because my parents do and I was wondering if yours do also?

2. toms7

if i got what you said,all parents are strict but some a lot others too much others a bit!

3. GayJay

My mum allows my girlfriend and any other lesbian i may bring home stay over but will not allow straight or gay boys.
    It doesn't make sense but yeah...

4. my parents don't allow anyone in my room overnight...

5. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think so, they usually allow my straight friends (both sexes) over, but I've never brought a lesbian home, so I'm not entirely sure.

6. Daveed 7125

Daveed 7125 Guest

Extremely. They want a full report about all my friends, where we'll be, times for when I'll get back. Ugh! Im glad they care, but it's suffocating! They do better research than the FBI.

7. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Yeah mine are like that too, I haven't brought anyone home but we have a "separate room" policy, mostly for my brother and his gf, but I'l probs be the same. They're ok with me spending the night with my female friends but not male- makes me wonder. But yeah I have to let my dad know everything first (where,what,who, time I'm back,etc) otherwise he'll call me constantly and check up (he does that anyway but not as much). It's funny coz I found a quote saying that "a worried mother does better research than the FBI" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#7 DJNay, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. Zontar

I've never been able to test that boundary. ;;

9. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I’m Brown. Of COURSE my parents are strict. LOL

10. BudderMC

This.

I'm sure if I did bring a friend home it wouldn't be an issue, though I'd guess they'd have to stay in a separate room probably, unless I really pushed for them to stay in my room. That being said, I don't even know where else they would stay in our rather small house, so they might have to stay in my room... o_o

11. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I've never asked them...I doubt they would let me though...

12. anonymous1

They don't know I'm a lezzy so yeah I have friends stay over and they don't care. It isn't as if I lie to them about which are gay ect, but I just don't exactly tell them that when one of my friends, my crush, stays over we spend the whole night cuddling.

13. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I've been sleeping in a double (guest) bed with my oldest and closest friend since we were about 8 years old.
    Never heard a word about it, not even after they found out about my sexuality.
    Then again I'm still trying to figure out if I have a crush on him or just feel an extremely close bond of friendship.
    Still haven't find the answer after +/- 12 years.

14. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I've pretty much always been allowed to have any of my friends, regardless of sexuality or gender, stay over. My best friend and I usually slept in the same bed, even when I went to her house. We never did anything more the cuddle though.

15. They can spend the night but I can't be in the same bed as them

16. Mad Man L

Reminds me of my own parents. It is actually suffocating, not to mention they're overly protective. It is actually really frustrating. Not to mention my parents seem to want 2 weeks' notice on everything I do.

I'm not out to my parents, so its pretty much the hetero norm. Can stay over at guys' houses and not at girls' houses. I never really stay over at anybody's house, though. It just doesn't really happen, aside from crashing after parties.

17. starfish

No way my parents would have allowed it. I don't know if I would call that strict. I would call it trying to be a good parent, but not quite getting all the way there.

I'm not a parent, but for me it would depend o the age of the kids. Under 16 a friend of the same sexual orientation would have to sleep in different rooms. 16 or old I would let them slep in the same room, but we are going to have a very awkward conversation about safe sex first.

My thought is that if you going to have sex you are unlikely to do it in your room with your parents home. If you are comfortable enough to still do it, then you will know to be safe about it.

18. I think my parents are afraid of me and my best friend having sex. So my mom has them sleep in my room and me on the couch or vice versa.