1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Ladies- Dressing gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JillandJill, Jun 1, 2012.

1. JillandJill

So it's pretty simple... How would one go about dressing more gay?
    Starting with.... anyone know where I can get me some nice flannels? Haha

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can try Pac Sun and Hollister.
    Wear jeans, Vans (or some unisex shoes), button-up shirts, flannels, plain v-neck tees, unisex sweaters/jackets. Really, anything plain and androgynous looking (nice fitting guys' shirts) will do. You know what feminine clothes look like...just don't wear that if you're trying to look more masculine, I suppose. But you can dress however you want and still be gay inside. Doesn't matter.

3. Fisnou

Flannel shirts, collared shirts, tank tops, baggy jeans, women suits, hoodies, ties (that's probably as gay as it gets!), genderless/androgynous clothing, converse or boots, etc... short hair, no make-up. All the stereotypes really.

I guess anything that doesn't mold out your boobs or your bum, lol
    But as musikk021 said, be yourself, dress how you want.

4. JillandJill

Thanks!
    Of course I don't want to completely change my style, but I am super femme-y and I just needed a few ways to... hint to the ladies :wink: Mostly I just want to introduce things like flannels into my wardrobe! I will try Pac Sun and Hollister..... and stupid question but I'm not ashamed; Would "plaid shirts" give off the same message as flannels? I mean, are they the same as lesbian dress goes?

#4 JillandJill, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got some nice flannels at walmart!!

I would say to dress in what you feel comfortable in. I find that I feel more comfortable in the more "butch" clothing. So that's how I dress. Not all lesbians dress "butch" though.

Also, I wear plaid shirts and flannels. I think that they both work. It's good to have plaid shirts for warmer days because flannel works better on colder days.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and be yourself. :slight_smile: I'm not sure how to dress more visible to gay ladies. I think plaid and flannel are similar so they would work the same if you want to wear them. If you like plaid and flannel, go for it. If not, there are other clothes that could give off the vibe too. It's way more visible, but there are some shirts that you could wear that say things like "Into the Ladies" or some funny sayings that make it pretty obvious. You could also wear jewelry that gives off your sexuality. I would notice if someone was wearing a ring with a marriage equality or lesbian symbol on it.

If I want to seem more "gay", I'll wear a black women's vest over a shirt. Also, I'll wear a fedora if I feel really comfortable and if I'm dressing up. Converse could be considered "gay." I don't wear plaid or flannel but some people do.

7. GayJay

I mainly wear, navy/black/grey flannels or t-shirts. Black skinny jeans and grey or black converse. Or my henle jeans with criminal damage hoodie. Most of the criminal damage range is unisex and i know a few gay girls friends wear them. my t-shirts with scarfs on them, and a cap and my high top trainers is also i giveaway i think hahaa.

8. Ianthe

Here is my universal queer fashion advice: wear clothes that make you feel like you, and that make you feel good about yourself. ("Comfortable" is actually aiming low, in my opinion. We can do better than comfortable.)

Communicate your sexuality by other means, if necessary.

If you like rainbows, they can be helpful for a girly girl. They won't help you much in the mainstream context, but wearing ostentatious rainbows in gay space does the trick usually.

9. Deaf Not Blind

ok, i DON'T want to be mistaken as a lesbian!
    AND I want to not be seen as a female!
    NOW, I was warned not to wear flannel...okiedokey! but it sucks if I can't even wear plaid shirts cuz all the other cis-guys around here get to, mostly short sleeve, and it fits my country-boy personality at times. SUCKS!
    so I wear more skater stuff right now.
    what can you lesbians warn me NOT to do so I will NOT look like one of you? :grin:

10. julia

I don't think you're looking for "gay" but more so "butch", because personally, I am gay as a rainbow and I wouldn't touch flannel.
    So you should dress how you want to dress not just in clothes that you think will make you look more "gay".
    But some good places for flannel, that I've seen, are Pac Sun, Target, and Zumiez.