1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality being questioned?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, Jun 2, 2012.

1. How far would you go to prove the sexuality that you're trying to pull off? You can put yourself in the situation if you can't answer from experience.?:starwars:
    :thewave:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you talking about trying to claim you're straight when you're not?

Hmmmm. Back when I was clueless and then closeted... my main MO was just avoidance. I tried to dodge questions and avoid directly lying but I'm sure I did sometimes.

But I will say that, unless there's a compelling reason not to (i.e., uber crazy right-wing religious parents who will send you to straight camp) I'd strongly encourage that you think instead about strategies toward coming out.

The fear is much greater than the actual work of coming out, and once you're out... you will be much, much happier because you can live your life authentically and actually belong, instead of trying to fit into something you aren't.

That's a litle off-topic but I hope it's helpful.

3. I'm out of the closet, I was just wondering what people would do to convince people they were straight if they had to (or vice versa if it happens that they are straight and claiming they are gay?)

4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    These days I would try to avoid the question/give a half-assed answer...but if it came right down to it I'd still lie if I had to.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I did whatever it took to fool myself and others that I wasn't gay. I had multiple girlfriends, I was a huge flirt, I would make fun of other openly gay people, I would defend them sometimes just to not be "too hateful", etc. Pretty much whatever it took I did it. Miserable way to live, though. Never again.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really actively? Not much. I never really could fake an interest in girls, let alone trying to date one.
    The only things I did was occasionally hint that I was crushing on a girl (while not even going into details about which girl), and making fun of gay people (though, or so my gay friends tell me, never to the point of coming across as really hurtful).

I really just lived as asexually as possible, and hoped that that would suffice to never really make others (or even myself) realise I could be gay.

7. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I'm out and never going back in the closet.
    The only concealing thing I did was not mentioning my interest in guys.
    I think that's sort of a plus being bisexual, you can talk exclusively about opposite sex attractions.
    But as I said, I'm out now and no longer hiding anything.

8. BudderMC

Going from the other side, I was trying to come off a stereotypically gay one night with a few friends (who know I'm gay) and our new housemate (who doesn't). Pretty much resulted in me carrying a girl's purse rather... interestingly for quite some while. I wasn't trying to sell it that much, but I'm sure if I tried I could have. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. super confused

If I HAD TO convince someone that I was straight, I would go so far as to make out with a guy...Depending on the guy, I might do some other stuff, too....Because I don't give a crap :slight_smile: (but I wouldn't do ANYTHING AT ALL with a stranger)

10. Ianthe

I suppose I avoided the subject, but as I'm pretty shy and reserved a lot of the time anyway, that didn't require much effort.

I didn't stay in the closet very long once I was out of clueless denial--just a few months. (I considered life in the closet pretty much unacceptable.) So, I didn't do very much deliberate plotting to stay in the closet.

There were a couple times I deflected and evaded questions during that interim period--my favorite is the time this butch that was dating a friend of my stepmother's asked me what straight girls think of penises. That was actually still in my questioning phase, though. I'm not even sure what I said, although I know it definitely wasn't "how would I know, I'm a lesbian," which would have been the true response. I wish I had video of look on my face, because it must have been priceless.

A couple of times family friends asked me stuff about dating, and I deflected because I hadn't quite come out to my parents yet, and it seemed weird to come out to friends of theirs before I came out to them. And just after I came out to my parents, but before everyone really knew, my dad and stepmother had their joint birthday party, and I avoided some questions so as not to make the party all about me, which I was afraid would happen if I came out during it.

Otherwise, I mostly just didn't say stuff that I thought in my head.

But mostly, I never had to do anything on purpose, because I have a hard time getting people to think I'm gay even when I say so.

11. brocub

I slept with a female prostitute to prove that I'm gay. This was only back in April and I've been out for over three years now. Does that sound confusing? It sure does, so here's the background info:

At the lgbtq organization in my university campus, I was told constantly that I was straight-acting and had people constantly question me whether or not I was straight (not in a fun, silly way, but in an angry, you don't belong here tone). I got pissed at them for this, and left (so did many of my friends there at the time because this same organization was treating them like crap for (friend 1) ace, (friends 2 and 3) in a relationship together, and (all of us) complaining about homophobia/heterosexism and doing nothing). On reading week, I told my mom about this and she agreed with them. She then dropped the bomb on me that I had to go back to my dorm and wasn't welcome back until I slept with a woman "just to be sure" that I'm gay. The school year was almost over, I had no job (yet) in the city my school's in, and the only way I would be able to survive was to be at home. So I called my mom and agreed to sleep with a woman if they would let me back home. She wired me the money for a prostitute and I tried it. Couldn't stay hard in her so concluded my gayness.

12. Dovakhiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always had a boyfriend so that it was obvious I didn't like girls... Recently I even went as far as putting heterosexual on a job application, although I hated the fact I did, because my mum was helping me fill it out and I don't think she thinks bisexual is even real.

For my gender, I used to wear really girly things so that I looked like a girl, even though I felt like both, so I wouldn't get called out and bullied for it.