1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is watching the Diamond Jubilee river pageant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Jun 3, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

Just turned on the TV and it looks so cool..wish I was there :frowning2:

2. Emberstone

Wanted to, but I slept in, and it doesnt repeat on cnn till 10pm.

3. JudasKissedHIM

Don't mean to offend poms but that was boring as satan shit

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I have very little interest for anything the Royal Family have to do or say. I'm not a Republican by any stretch of the imagination, but I still don't really care all that much about the monarchy.

Various people in my street have Union Jack flags and pictures of the Queen decorated onto their houses, and it just looks more like a political rally for the British National Party rather than a Jubilee celebration. Saying that, I did spend about 5 minutes watching news coverage of it, and I was slightly bemused to see that the only person who looked more bored than myself was the Queen. I think the whole sitting on a boat waving at people in the cold rain ate too much into what should have been her bingo timeee. :wink:

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got yelled at for walking down a street some nitwits had taped off so they could have a street party: I needed to get to the bloody buss stop, the only other way is walking for 5 mins on loads of back streets, so I'm sorry if you're inconvenienced by my walking quickly and silently past you, but I'm not going to let you inconvenience me

/rant. TL:grin:R version, I'm unimpressed with the Jubilee.

6. BajanBoy13

Hahaha,Yeah looked like she needed a cup of tea. But it was really cool seeing some of the thames as we didn't make it to London when we went in Easter. But my mum was really excited and all.It was so funny hearing her try to sing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Harve

It certainly is COOL. 4 (!!!) degrees above freezing and a steady inch of drizzle for the last 24 hours. I love how British the weather has been for the occasion.
    Oh, the monarchy? I don't care.

8. BajanBoy13

I guess its just an excuse for a day off to drink,No one really cares about the jubilee XD

9. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watched it and, once again, the classical music side of me came out. I was most unimpressed with how little recognition was given to the London Philharmonic Orchestra, who were playing all day long without stopping, and yet all we saw was about five minutes at the end. The LPO deserve a LOT more credit than that! I looked up the repertiore and they had all these amazing things, and I would have loved to hear more of them (Jupiter, James Bond, Nimrod......), but no, instead the commentators spent hours going on about every single exact facial expression on the Queen's face. Bo-ring.

10. BajanBoy13

I know!! Imagine being the choir at the top,in the cold and rain for something like 3 hours!

11. caughtbywitness

What a borrreeeeeee. Last year for the wedding I went horse racing and watched the horse called 'Royal Wedding' win a race, that's as patriotic as I get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man I could not stop laughing when the LPO came on. The choir was completely drenched and they looked like drowned rats!!! Brilliant. All I was thinking as I sat on my sofa in my pyjamas was "thank god my bra is dry!" The queen is awesome and I think anyone who works in the UK is going to love the next 2 days off!

13. BajanBoy13

I know the're so lucky! Now me on the other hand..Exams all week :frowning2:

14. Lewis

I was, but then I got bored. I love the monarchy and I'm proud of our culture and traditions, but it's dead fucking boring. I use this jubilee shit as a great excuse to get drunk! :slight_smile:

15. hml8

I get welled up when it comes to the pride of nationality and the nation! (even when it's america - totally scripted politics!) I love our royal family, there is something inherently british about them and the celebrations around them! Coronation chicken, created to celebrate QE2's coronation for example!
    BUT... The procession was boring! I hope the rest of the jubilee is better. The BBC tried hard to make it interesting... it failed! I am waiting for the concert cause it will hopefully be very good... if not just chance to perv at Jessie J :wink:

16. BajanBoy13

Hahah didn't everyone? I would've if I didn't have exams tommorow-.-

17. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not me. She's technically our queen, but no one here is really that fussed about it at all.