1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Got Dumped Through A Text Message!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeeJay, Jun 4, 2012.

1. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

Okay, I met this guy that I thought was the one.... He had a good job, I was definitely attracted to him and him to me, And we really seemed to hit it off during all the times we talked online and then when we met in person. Then we planned on getting together again and then late in the evening of the next day, he told me in a text message that he's not ready for a relationship! A text message???? What is email or face to face to good for me? Or is he just that much of a coward? Anyway, I could go on and on... believe me, hopefully you guys/gals have something to say. I don't care... you can reply to this, say something funny, tell us your own story... be creative. I need a smile.:icon_sad:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

Look at it this way: if he sent you a text to let you know that he is not ready for a relationship, you can count yourself lucky. :slight_smile:

It isn't easy at the moment because you have the feeling that you guys hit it off and saw some potential for something more serious; but one day will come when you will have a laugh about it and probably tell yourself: "he lost."

3. That sucks but when I was using this one girl to hide that I was gay she broke up with me through a text message. It wasn't her choice though I new she wanted to tell me in person but I told her it was cool if we did it though text message. It was nice that she wanted to do it to my face but I really didn't give a crap how it happend.

4. PillsHere

You said you talked online.
    Was this common? If so maybe that's why he thought it was okay to do it by text. If it was sorta long-distance thing he may of deemed it acceptable to end it long-distance.

5. squally89

My attempt to be funny~ Like?

Relationship World/The Dating Pool sometimes feels a lot like the stock market.
    Depending on what you invest in you may get the "great depression" or have a couple of years of prosperity~ Understanding market value and key trends are important factors for success. And if a stock does not return the ROI you are looking for in your portfolio, remember you can always trade or ask your broker for advice.

It is always best to have a diverse portfolio and reputable account manager(s) looking after your investment~ Haha, if you know what I mean from all this "business talk".

6. PTGriffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My ex broke up with me face-to-face. It ain't all that it's cracked up to be. Yours wasn't even a relationship. Take it as it is, don't hold a grudge, and hope for a better future :slight_smile:

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could look at it the other way - at least he was honest enough to tell you his heart wasn't in it. He could have strung you along, not answered texts, explained prolonged absences, etc. etc. I've been strung along and that sucks too. If nothing else, this way you know what's up.

Not to say that it doesn't hurt. Sorry. (*hug*)

8. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

We met online, through a dating site... You see old people like me don't do well in the bars and clubs and there isn't many places to meet other gay people so we turn to the internet. It's not a long distance relationship, I think he was just looking for the easy way out, like calling in sick to your job. You text so you don't have to fake being sick and openly lie to your boss.

And ya, I'll look back on this and laugh when something really bad happens to him...:roflmao:

You see... I haven't smoked in a month in a half and he knows this, what he did almost made me smoke, but I'm stronger then that, and better.

Your right Gravity and thank you both for the kind words and the cyber hug. ^_^

And thank you to all of you... Your right PTGriffin... But he had the nicest ass I've seen in a long time and his skin was really soft... And of course for the other conversation going on out there... He was hairless. lol

#8 TeeJay, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  9. squally89

I done the whole online dating thing and have an on and off relationship with it. And I am currently off of it bc I realized all the relationships I actually enjoyed were with people I met in real life. And obvious it takes some luck, time, connections, flirting skills, etc etc, but doing things you love (I volunteer for ACT, Aids Committee of Toronto, joined the local running club and I will be doing dance pretty soon) you will a) enjoy life more than the 9-5 grind and b) you will also be surrounded with people with similar interest.

There's very little need regardless of age to use online dating as the primary way of obtaining a partnership in my opinion. So get out there and explore the endless possibilities of interaction with people :slight_smile:

10. Deaf Not Blind

Go to his house, knock his door, he answers, says hi, you deck him flat, go home, drink beer, belch, sleep good night. :wink:
    jk

11. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ive had this experience with the girls i tried to cover myself up with...sad thing is they always said yes originally and then broke up with me through a text message a few days later...my favorite one is the girl who told me some other guy asked her dad if they could date a couple days after i asked her...her response to wtf why would you give yourself out to whoever asks your dad when you were asked personally by someone was that "it's a first come first serve basis." all of that convo was through text and it was more of a shock than anything ^^

12. Deaf Not Blind

oh...wow!
    not one of them made a fake excuse not to date you bec they are gay? haha! :slight_smile:

it would be funny to take all the mean and weird texts like that, and one day publish a book full of them.

1st come 1st serve, sounds like she's opening herself up for business. if you were straight, id say still good riddance! better girls to fake date out there.

13. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I agree with DNB. It does sound like she's opening herself up for business. And I would go over to his house except he has one of those security doors on it and he wouldn't let me in, probably call the cops instead. And he isn't worth going to jail over. But I found out that soon after he sent me this text and I sent a nasty text back... He ran and blocked me on the website we met on (very quickly), which tells me that he's done this before to other guys. And the text I sent him after he did this probably scared the shit out of him...

I normally wouldn't have cared about him or anyone doing this. But it's been a while since I've been dating and I had told a few people about him. I fell hard and they were happy for me. Now I have to repeatedly explain why things didn't work out and deal with the sadness of it all. I know we didn't know each other very long, but I don't live in a city and gay people aren't a dime a dozen. Especially ones I'm attracted too.

Thanks for the smiles guys, I really appreciate them.

14. Kyubi

aren't emails and text messages the same? Lol. A text doesn't seem that bad anyway, as i understand it you weren't together in the first place so i guess he's free to tell you any way he wants...

15. Deaf Not Blind

yep, i get that. he's a jerk. i hope he falls for the lesbian b!tc# who did similar to me..hehehe! they can torture and use each other. :wink: jk
    but hey, at least it ended badly, so we are free! :grin: yeah!:thumbsup:

16. lostinthought9

17. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

That was hysterical thanks lostinthough9, and thanks DNB! I really appreciate the laughs guys!

18. Deaf Not Blind

:thumbsup: Anytime!