1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chickzak, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Chickzak

I've applied to this cool trainee job where I get paid, trained up by the company and get a qualification. The problem is there are 2 offices left. One is about.. half an hour from where I live. The other one is 3 and a half hours on the train, so making going-there and coming back pretty damn expensive. So which location would you choose?

The logical answer - accept the one nearest to me, so transport is easy, save loads of money on accommodation/travel. I wouldnt have to live there and would still be ok to rely on my family for any financial difficulties/personal issues. They'd literally be half hour away on car and I would come home by the afternoon, so I'm all good to live with them.

The slightly crazy-but something I'm willing to do - move away from home and live at that further away place. Its perfect in a dreamy kind of way. I'd be away from all the trouble, stress and expectations.. and just everything from home. So I can be the person I so badly want to be.. as cringey as it sounds, its something I want. Like, rely on my own self for food and accommodation. Use my own car, make new friends. Maybe explore my sexuality.

I cant explore anything right now. My family are pretty big and they have loads of friends and even coming out to anyone is seen as like... erm what? How can you be gay kindathing. Its crazy. Living out I can be someone else. Have a girlfriend, spend time with guys and share a flat. Wear what I like, go where I want. I'm not so restricted then.

What shall I do? Is this too much of a big step? I'll miss my mum the most, so I'm just thinking, do I still go for it?

..stuff, I already know and thought about:
    - Do what makes you happy.
    - If you think you can cope, go for it.

I know what I'm thinking, but I just from your point of view, would you do it? Is it really worth the trouble of moving away so far to live this other life that I so badly want? Is there another alternative? - Like starting afresh next year but looking at places slightly closer to me?

Opinions, comments.. anything you're thinking?
    Thank you!!

#1 Chickzak, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. I would go for the place thats farther away. Sounds like it's nice and will help you become independent. You can still see your family but it just won't be as often which is what I'm into I don't know about you though. It also comes with a lot of freedoms that you don't have living with your parents so I would still go for the far one.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I say if you feel like you want to do it then go for it. Its not like you will never be able to go home or see your family.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not choose the one half an hour away and move out of your house anyway? That gives you the best of both worlds... independence AND close proximity of your parents if you need them or for some reason it doesn't work out financially. :slight_smile: