1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted relationship not really feeling like a relationship...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by colorful, Jun 5, 2012.

1. colorful

Anyone else ever had this feeling?

I have a girlfriend and we go out, but neither of us are really openly gay. We are both out to some, but I just wish that I could tell my friends. Its kind of an awful feeling when you are basically living two lives. -_- I don't know.

2. addie88

I'm in a closeted relationship too. I'm openly gay but my girlfriend isn't.. in fact I'm pretty sure she doesn't fully understand her orientation herself. I told a few close friends about her and she told one friend about me, and, idk...I care about her so much that it gets to a point where, yeah, it sucks not to be able to do things like hold her hand in public, but whenever I'm alone with her everything becomes worth it.

So, I don't know...maybe you could ask her if it'd be alright if you could tell a friend or two, just so you'd have someone to talk to about the relationship when you need advice or whatever. But if it's putting too much of a strain on the relationship, then maybe you could spend some time evaluating what you really want.

3. Harve

I kinda like the idea of a closeted relationship, the secretiveness would make it more intimate somehow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I suppose, in practice, it'd be a bit inconvenient and my cause tension if one half of the couple wants the relationship to be 'more public' or whatever.