1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Looking vs Good Personality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Which would you go for?

Me, personally, its sort of mish mash of the both cause I mean "beauty is in the eye of beholder" so it sort of depends. Plus good looks don;t necessarily make a good relationship. I I don't know I can;t make my mind up cause I think yeah Good personality would be my choice but then I then looks play some part but then I think well it sort of depends

Ooo... headache:eusa_doh:

2. Well. I have a couple things that I feel about this.
    1. There must at least be some sort of initial physical attraction. It doesn't have to be overwhelming.
    2. A person's mind is really what I'm spending my life with, should I choose to spend my life with them.
    3. Sometimes when you get to know a person who looked plain when you met them, their beautiful mind makes their face achingly beautiful to you. By association with the amazing person that they are inside.

So, in short. You have to have a little bit of physical attraction, but a person's personality is so much more important.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. Exactly what I thought really... just kinda struggled to put it in words :eusa_doh:
    But yeah I don't think it can one or others... sort of a bit of both

4. julia

I'm definitely a bit shallow and love a good looking lady but if they have a crap personality then I wouldn't want to be with them, and also vice versa. Personality definitely wins over good looks but I would want to be physically attracted to a girl as well.

5. VireBlaze

I have to agree with dreamwatch on this. When it comes to physical attraction, it's easier to approach or be approached if they/you look 'good' by society's standards. And that's an initial feeling, but personality is SO much better in the long run. Looks don't hurt, but having someone who just 'clicks' with you because of their personality will be better for a relationship because you 'get' each other. And, like dreamwatch said, the more time you spend with a certain person and get to know them and enjoy their company and personality, having initially thought they looked plain or boring, the more attractive they seem. So, yeah, I'd have to go with personality. :wink:

6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm like this completely. Personality over looks, but if I'm not attracted to them physically at all, they're friendzoned. :icon_redf

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Looks will you get you through the door but you aren't staying if you have no personality. It's not like we're going to be sitting around talking about each other's cheekbones for the rest of our lives.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

As I always say, good personality is what will make the relationship last, but I'm more likely to approach someone and try to make that connection if they look good.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. :thumbsup:

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thats me done for then :grin:

I'm not the best looking guy so a good personality is my best shot... I think (I do hope I have a good personality cuz if I don't then I'm screwed) :roflmao:

10. GayJay

Personality is whey more important, but looks do matter.

11. Lewis

Not going to lie, lets be real here, looks really do matter. There are cases in which a persons personality can make them become more good looking to me, so it's not always purely looks.

12. vyvance

I would be lying if I said I don't notice people with good looks before people with good personalities. A bad personality will ruin good looks to me, but vice versa is equally true.

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. That's what I mean... Looks do matter. I guess it's more to with what extent they matter to a person

Because to be honest. We all go off looks first because you can't really tell someones personality from the looks.

It's just one of those things

14. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personality and brains way over look

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks mean very little to me, and it'd be hypocritical of me to insist that girls be conventionally attractive when I'm not at all. In general, if someone's personality gels with mine in the right way, that's when I start seeing them as really attractive. I can recognise when someone's cute, of course, but it generally takes some sort of connection to see someone as really attractive on that level.

16. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a fairly vain person. I workout and keep active because I set the standard of; "if I met myself would I have sex with myself?" I also know that I have a good personallity. I think that people love to say "this is my partner" and everyone envy him/her. I personally need to be able to have a conversation with my partner, but I don't think I could be with someone I found unattractive.

17. ThatCoopKid

I'd rather have someone who's decent looking with a great personality than an Adonis who has the blackest soul known to man.

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Funny... I'm not conventionally attractive, either, but neither are the guys I find attractive. I guess that means I'm in the clear? :shrug:

19. Brenny

Looks matter a lot at first. But personality keeps them. I'm trying not to just go by looks though. It is shallow and hypocritical to put too much emphasis on them. But there are so many cases where a person looks good to me but in a different way... Like they weren't what I had envisioned. I have met many people who were about average but had bright smiles or great personalities and that just increases my interest in them.

20. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's one of those weird things I apply to myself but don't expect of other people.