1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the Past?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thatoneguy333, Jun 5, 2012.

1. This is more for the people that have come out to other people. Would you change the way you told one of the people that you told, and in what ways? I was just think about how I kind of wish I could change how I told my best friend and my parents and was wondering if some of you feel like you could have told someone else diffrently.

2. Silver Sparrow

I wouldn't change the way I told the second person who I came out to, but I would change the first. I came out to my first friend, and I was actually in tears at the time. Now, I probably wouldn't have come out to her at all if I was in a calm mood. If you look at my old posts, then you can see. It's a long story.
    So far, I'd only change 50%.

3. secretguyX

I usually try to live without regrets, and say that I wouldn't change anything...

I don't think I'd change anyone that I've told I was bisexual to, even though some of them I didn't even know much (truth or dare). The only thing I would change is who I've told about crushes I've had on specific girls. I would've rather kept that more a secret, so my life would've been way less complicated, and been easier.

Who I would have told differently? My friend who found out from tumblr. She had been my bestfriend for years, and I feel like a coward for never actually coming out to her. And my brother. He found out from seeing empty closets. I think he still thinks I'm gay though...

4. julia

I've only come out to three people but I wish I told my sister in person and not in text. Oh well.

5. BudderMC

The first person I told, who happens to be arguably my best guy friend, I told through letter because I was way too chicken to even fathom doing it in person. So in that sense, I wish I could've come out to him in person, since he's the only one I haven't done so with yet.

That said though, if I didn't do it the way I did then, I don't think the rest of my coming-outs would have progressed so quickly or panned out so nicely. So ultimately, while it would've been nice to do it in person, I think it all worked out for the best.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I would change any of my coming outs or the way I have come out. Each and one of them have their own memorable moments, as small and short these moments were.

7. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would've actually said it person if I could've instead of note to my friends at school but thats about it.

8. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess I should have come out way sooner, I mean I was having sex with guys before I came out... Never a good way to do it, because then you have to lie and hide him. I guess I would have came out, then had sex?

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't change any of the coming outs I've had, but I could have done my very first one differently.

And I have a tendency to come out to people while we're in the car, which could be potentially dangerous to me if it was to not go over well and I get stuck walking home.

10. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honestly i dunno if i would change it or not if i had the chance...my family i came out to through facebook and they are the most important people in my life...and i blurted it out during my coming out process while i was drunk to one of my friends (twice might i add) it was awkward not knowing whether he remembered me doing it or not...

11. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

I would definitely change how I came out to my best friend. I would have been better to come out to him face-to-face, and not via Messenger.

But for the rest of people, I'm fine with how I came out to them.

12. I would change how I told my best friend. I wrote a note then threw it at him then ran off as fast as I could. I didn't want to be around when he read it because I didn't want to see his reaction. I knew he wouldn't care but I still didn't want to be around.