1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...school reunions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Jun 6, 2012.

1. BudderMC

I got two messages from Facebook today, the first being a friend request from a girl I went to elementary school with (which was kinda cool), though I still haven't accepted yet. The second was an invite by her and another friend for a "elementary school class reunion".

I mean, you see these things happening all the time, but it's usually high school grads, or post-secondary grads... but elementary school?

Point is, I'm not sure if I should go. I don't know, I guess it seems silly. It might be kinda cool to see everyone again too though. Back in elementary school, I was at the peak of the awkward/least social stages of my life, so I wasn't really "close" with any of them. Or like, I haven't kept in touch with nearly any of them, occasionally talk to one guy. A lot of them just stayed in our hometown after high school and haven't really gone anywhere with their lives (that I know of), so I feel even more out of place. I mean, I was always the "really smart kid" of the class, but now that I think about it there's maybe 8 of us that kept with school? I guess that's about 30-40%, so not that bad, but still, you get my drift.

And then there's the whole concern of where/when/what the event is... if alcohol's involved, I'm even more hesitant, since Grade 7 was when all the drinking issues first arose. And if I go, I definitely want to go and basically "show off" how far I've come and how awesome I believe my life to be. But that involves being out. If I decide to, I could be out and definitely fake being confident enough even if there were people against it (I dunno how a lot of them would take it), but that means I've gotta be out down at home too. Which means telling the fam. I suppose that's also a good excuse to get it over with though...

So, now that I'm done rambling, here's the questions I actually pose:

- Has anyone been to anything like this?
    - Think it's worth going?

P.S. I wasn't sure if this should've been here or in S&A, but it seemed like a relatively light topic... if it needs to be moved, feel free mods :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 BudderMC, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. Deaf Not Blind

I've never been invited to anything but high school one, and because the dimwit girl clique would not listen to the advise i gave em on alcohol and pricing, it was cancelled.

Idk, you remmy anybody, or give a care to spend time and money to see them? if so, go!
    Me, i was tortured and bullied...Id likely go bizzerk...no i think not for me. :slight_smile:

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I've never herd of an elementary school reunion... That would be cool because I dropped out of High School! I would finally get to go to a reunion! WoW, that is soooo cool. Oh... what was your question?

Well I have been to some classes that have you play kindergarten games with each other so that you can learn to laugh and have fun, and learn other things to... but I just remember the laughing and having fun... If your reunion is like that, then ya, it's worth going.. Because you really do learn a lot about yourself.

If your reunion is like a High School dance with drinking, then it's probably not worth going because, it's too serious for Elementary School.

If your going to go to this reunion, then go as a kid, and have fun as a kid, even if your a grown up. But don't go being a grown up, because then it won't be fun... Make sense?

4. Deaf Not Blind

TJ, if you want one, you know ...you could find peeps and start it yourself. :wink:

5. Porphyrogenitus

We had one for my primary school for some reason while I was in grade 12. Since I was still friends with a number of people from primary school (including the people who organised it), it was too awkward to go to. And it was definitely interesting to see the people I hadn't seen for 5 years. But it was still a bit of a weird evening.

If you just want to go and show off though, I wouldn't bother. Who cares what people you never even see think of you?

6. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

No, I don't even remember who I went to Elementary School with. The ones I do remember followed me up to High School. Besides, I went to about 8 different Elementary Schools. But it's a nice thought.:icon_bigg

7. BudderMC

Kinda does actually. Interesting.

I listed myself as a "maybe" to the event, I'll probably go if I'm not in class or working. It'll be something interesting at least. I realized that a few of the people I hung out with aren't on FB/not in contact, so I wouldn't get to see them, which is a little disappointing.

I still think this whole thing is just weird though. Not necessarily bad, just weird. :rolle:

8. Deaf Not Blind

yep its weird. but some people are weird. :slight_smile:

i have been in: 3 private, 5 public, and 2 home schools. :slight_smile:

most the kids through elementary and middle school were bullies and enemies, bad ones. i would only want to know if they turned their lives around...or are just bullies in suits now. i have no desire to meet them.

funny, my senior year most my buddies were 4 grades lower, so i am not going to see them in a reunion, only peeps who were in cliques and weirdness....there seems to be 7 or more women who married their bf from high school and they stayed in the same town and all know each others hubbies and babies...it is kinda creeepy.

9. BudderMC

Yeah, that's pretty much what I want to go for, I'm curious to see what everyone's doing with their lives.

And then there's a couple friends who I wouldn't mind catching up with, but since it's been so long it seems out of place to message them out of the blue. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. bob94

An Elementary Reunion would be kinda pointless for me. I would say that about 70% of the people that I went to Elementary school with, I also graduated with. If you want to go, then do it. But it sounds to me like it would be kind of awkward for you.

This is off topic, but BudderMC: Every time you post something, I'm reminded of how much i love Quilava and how Cyndaquil is my favorite starter of all time!! :slight_smile:

11. Deaf Not Blind

is a pokemon?

12. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've also never herd of an elementary school reunion.

I haven't and gone to any highschool reunions (and won't go to future ones)...

13. BudderMC

It'd be awkward, but only slightly more than any other social situation I think. I think I'd make it less awkward if I go in and be confident, too.

And lol, Cyndaquil was one of my faves too :grin:

Yes, yes it is :lol: