1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you remember...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Willisilliw, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Willisilliw

Does anyone remember the exact date you realized you were LGBT?

I remember it very clearly, it was march 16th, of this year. I took a fun quiz online cause I was wondering and it said I was 96% likely to be gay. I already knew I was, but the result of the quiz/test and reading you are gay really hit home and made me face my sexuality.

So... Just wondering if anyone can remember the exact date, month, season, year, or whatever period of time?

2. It was dark out. Sunday, December 12th, 2010. I closed the book "Annie on My Mind" and then I proceeded to bawl my eyes out on and off for a couple hours.

And I just knew.

3. Willisilliw

It's weired right? I can remember the exact moment I had my moment of epiphany
    Where everything just became clear to me.

4. I've always been real with myself so I've always known since as far as I can remember.

5. ohlona

Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out when I was 8, but since my mother forced me to believe I was going through a phase, a buried it deep inside.
    Then, in my sixth grade science class, I saw this girl named Kennedy. She was beautiful. I was so afraid that I was gay, though, that I repressed that, too.
    I finally accepted being this way when this girl asked for my number, (and after some prodding from my friend) I gave it to her. I wasn't going to let a lie stop me from talking to an adorable girl. *but that's a lost cause now :|*

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I first realized I liked guys when I was in elementary school which was sometime in the mid-late 1990s.

7. YIAW

The first time I felt the urgent need to kiss my sunday school teacher... awkward. I was 12, and I immediately decided to repress the s*it out of it. REALLY awkward.

8. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I definitely had an epiphany-like moment...sometime earlier this year, around March.

9. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't realize it until this year, I was in denial for two years and confused.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really late at night and it was storming. I could not sleep because it was storming so much. I really don't know why, but I just realized that I did not like guys. This was 4 years ago... I just accepted it early last year.

11. eveninghush

It's weird how everyone seems to have these 'eureka' moments. Mine was when a male friend of mine hugged me and I just felt so... alive inside. About a year ago that was.

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

January 7th, 2007. I was lying in bed just thinking about stuff, started thinking about sexuality, finally put two and two together and realized that I had never been sexually attracted to a female, then shot up in my bed and said, "Oh my God... I'm gay..."

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known all along... Honestly, I have. I never used to call myself gay, but I knew that I preferred the company of my fellow man.

But the defining moment in my life where I finally identified myself as gay was June 9th, 2009. That's the same day I joined EC. I had never used the word "gay" when referring to myself. Checking that box that announced my sexuality in such a definite way was quite impactful to me personally.

14. SlickyPants

I have pretty much known all my life that I liked guys. I never thought anything of it either until I was around 14 or so when I found of what "gay" actually meant. It wasn't exactly a label I was comfortable having back then and I tried to change. It was like flogging a dead horse though. Women didn't "do it" for me and I gave up trying to change pretty quick and decided to keep it a secret. I don't remember specific dates or what I was wearing but I sort of remember the realization I was different. Something I never gave a second thought to suddenly became such an issue for me.

As for coming out to someone for the first time, I remember it vividly. Feb. 4th, 2007. It was -38 degrees out, not including the windchill and my boss's car wouldn't start. After giving him a boost, a co-worker (and good friend) went out for breakfast (just finished working a night shift) and I meant to tell him over breakfast but I got too nervous. There were too many other people in the restaurant so I told him in the car in the parking lot.

I could probably recite everything from the actually coming out through the whole car ride home.

15. rainbowfox

well mine was march 26th, 2012 :slight_smile: (really close) I was Surfing the net and suddenly found weblog of a gay man, which he told lots of his experiences and I related to it easy, I've been reading till dawn :slight_smile: and with first beams of sun I whispered, I am gay. :slight_smile:

16. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always knew that I was bisexual for as long as I can remember. There wasn't a specific date that I came to that realization, really.

17. Porphyrogenitus

Actually, no. I think the realisation came on me slowly. There wasn't any one moment that stands out.

18. King

King Guest

I've never had a eureka moment, I still think it has yet to really hit me that I'm gay.
    I came out when I was 14, but like I said, I didn't just be like "Oh lord I'm gay", I just knew I wasn't straight.
    I'm actually excited to finally have my "I LOVE BOYS" moment :K

19. Sayu

Aw, that was really nice (*hug*)

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2012 at 06:04 PM ----------

I don't know the exact date, but I know it was during summer holidays (I believe it was the beginning of August) 2009.

20. Harve

I think it was my first time seeing the video for Justin Timberlake's "My Love" back in 2006, my first 'crush', ha! :/