1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

This topic is merely for my interest and anyone else who finds it... well... interesting. Anyhow's

Would you date someone who has tattoos?
    (Now this can be from some merely as a one or two to a whole lot)

I know that its the person underneath that counts but I just want to get some peoples perspective on this.

I only have two tattoos and don't plan on getting anymore.

From my point of view, a few tattoos is good for one (1,2,3) but when there's like a full body or arm, you get what I mean then it sort of turns me off. I mean they could be the nicest person in the world but the tattoos would really turn me off.

Anyone else got opinions and thoughts on this

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is actually a really good topic, and touches upon an issue that I have fought over for quite a few years with myself. I loathe the idea of being with somebody (or being the person) who tries to force their morality on another person, but tattoos and piercings are something that I have a strong dislike of and have caused me to be guilty of holier-than-thou judgements.

I guess it would ultimately come down to what type of tattoo it is. It would be very easy of me to make sweeping statements about how I loathe tattoos and piercings and would never go anywhere near somebody who has them, but my boyfriend has a little piercing in his ear and it doesn't really bother me that much now (assuming it doesn't rub against my skin, which really does freak me out). If he was to also get a tattoo then I would just hope it isn't invasive and screaming out its existence. I know a couple of people with discrete tattoos and I wouldn't find them off-putting if my partner had something similar, but numerous tattoos or gigantic ones are just a big neddy no-no.

My parents both have about 3 tattoos each, and the size of them are fairly large and stand out like a christmas tree whenever their arms are exposed. It's one of the rare cases in which I attempt to lecture my parents on their behaviour, not that it has ever done anything thus far. Both of them have a tattoo that has my name on them, which I can't decide whether that makes things better or worse.

But yeah, at a push I could handle small and discrete tattoos, but anybody who looks like an infant has scribbled marker pens over their body is a no-no.

3. vyvance

Would have no issues with it depending on the tattoo(s), amount, and person. Some tattoos look terrible while others are fine. Tattoos in general just look bad on some people, while it looks fine on others imo. Same basic criteria for amount too.

4. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. :grin:

5. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, or if I did, it would be something small and inconspicuous. As for other people, some people look good it them, some people don't (in my opinion). I mean, I don't think I'd typically like someone who had lots and lots of tattoos...but then again, Whitney Mixter looks sooo amazing with her tattoos. So, totally totally depends on the situation!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't mind as long as it is not a ridiculous amount. It's a turn off for me when people have a massive amount of tattoos. I don't mind one or two. It also really depends on what they are and where they are at.

7. brocub

I have tattoos, so I would be a hypocrite to say that I wouldn't date a guy with them. In fact, I think ink is sexy.

8. julia

I absolutely LOVE tattoos as long as they're not tacky or in a tacky place. I like hidden tattoos :wink: I have three but you wouldn't know if I wore a t-shirt. One a bit below my neck, one on my left shoulder blade, and one right above my hips.

9. Jad

Jad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would date someone who has tattoos as long as they aren't meaningless, I used to hate tattoos but now I've realised it's none of my concern what others want to do. Although I probably won't ever have a tattoo, it doesn't bother me if someone has a few (I've grown to like sleeves even!) but also depends on what and where they are.

10. I don't mind a few but a lot is a big turn off, or if the few they have are just stupid to me.

11. Route466

Route466 Guest

This. As long as the art is done well and with a considerable amount of thought, tattoos are not an issue for me.

12. johnnymay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find tattoos sexy, especially ones with colorful designs. It's totally fine with me as long as not excessive. :icon_bigg

13. Snowy song

I used to be revolted by tattoos, but then I became very very close friends with a girl in my grade at school; she has been planning what tattoos she's going to get since she was 10 and talks about it quite frequently. I guess that made me realize that nice people have tattoos. Though I wouldn't get one myself, I don't think I'd mind dating someone with tattoos. Maybe not humongous ones, though :slight_smile:

14. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have 2 tattoos, plan on getting more, and do find them attractive, even heavily tattooed people. Bad art or "joke" tattoos are instant turn offs, though.

15. Atticus

I am currently planning a full sleeve for my left arm and a few for other areas of my body (I have to keep at least one arm free of tattoos for a potential phalloplasty, otherwise, I'd be planning two sleeves). Tattoos turn me on so much. I love them. Well, no. This isn't entirely true. I like well-done tattoos. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the content, so long as the tattoo means something to the person who got the tattoo. It just bothers me to see poorly done tattoos. It hurts my heart. I have a few piercings currently, and I'd love to see these on my potential partner. My ear and nose are pierced, but I love lip rings and nose rings and various ear rings on a partner. I'm not so sure I have the stomach for genitalia piercings, however.

16. I love love love tattoos.
    I have three so far and I am planning on seven total. But of course all of them are tastefully done, very meaningful to me and easily covered if necessary.

I love checking out people's tattoos and to be perfectly honest, I hope that my future gf has them too :slight_smile:

17. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If there are too many and/or they are too big, then I'd rather not. But I did start to become interested in a girl recently only because we seemed very compatible otherwise.

18. King

King Guest

It depends on the person. I know someone who would look highly I unattractive with sleeves, but I've seen other boys with sleeves that are just HOT.
    I don't like little, silly tattoos like hearts or moons or suns. They look pointless, but whatever.
    I personally want tattoos, and it's suck to have someone not date me because of them.

19. Just Passing

I'm not a fan of tattoos and I don't intend to have any on my body, but I wouldn't mind dating some with tattoos (I could handle that idea more than piercings) provided it wasn't way too over-the-top.

20. Tycho

I have tattoos and plan to get a bit more done. All highly artistic though - no impulse ink on my skin.
    Personally I couldn't care less if someone has them as long as they are not tacky tattoos that have no meaning - I'm fussy in that respect as I see tattoos as an art form and not something to just randomly cover yourself with.