1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does everyone do for a living

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gustav, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am heading off to college next year, and i was wondering what people do for a living, or if you are going to college too, then what do you want to major in?

I'm going into Interior Design (lol, so stereotypical)

2. apg33

apg33 Guest

I have a part time job as a lifeguard (which i love, mostly b/c i get to see some hot guys in almost nothing :grin: ) and I want to go to university for chemical engineering; before i choose a major, i need to get accepted so I'm waiting and hoping right now.

lol im such a nerd.

3. I do nothing for a living yet, I haven't even had any kind of job yet no one will hire me! But I plan on being a zoo keeper or something along those lines. I really haven't decided and it's kinda late to change now. (^-^)

4. I'm going to college too, in September. I want to major in biomedical sciences.

5. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm starting as forensic analyst at the police on 1 Feb.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Oh here's the question... short answer, many things:

1) Management Trainee for one of the worlds largest banks
    2) Soldier
    3) Work for a youth charity/organisation

Seriously considering going to uni to study medicine though, really fancy becoming a doctor.

7. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    breathe, eat, and sleep.

it doesn't get me through the day, but it works.

8. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in 4th year majoring in Electrical Engineering, and hating my life because of it.

If i could start over I'd do an electronics engineering technician (2 year program).

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

When I go to college I am going to become a doctor or a veterinarian. =) (as of now)

10. smartguy

right now i work for a photographer part time
    i want to study mechanical engineering and work with alternative energies (solar tech. specifically) and i want to open up a photography studio eventually

11. Zec24

I can't tell you what I do. There does that give a hint?

12. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

well right now what i do for a living is mooch of my parents, but im starting up with my job again after 1st semester ends next week (im a physical therapy assistant). im going to college next year and I am planning on double-majoring in either Chinese and Arabic, or Chinese and Mathematics...now all i have to do is wait for April when i hear from the rest of my colleges :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. CrimsonThunder

I want to be a life guard too! I love helping people in need and I also love the sea. (I'm not a good swimmer though, but I'm getting better) But I don't have a car. :frowning2:

Currently I work at HJ's, quitting in a few days and going on to KFC. >_> When I'm ready I want to work with children (still not sure what, Kindergaten or Primary School/High School). I don't think I'm ready to yet though, gunna give it a while.

14. I hate KFC!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wouldn't hire me and my best friend walked in and didn't even need an interview because his sister worked there and she got it for him! I had to endure 6 interviews and they said no! And since then I've tried 2 more times, only because no one else will take me! Getting constant noes really dampens the spirit =(

15. sexyalex

#15 sexyalex, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  16. Cheech90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Going to the Community College in the Fall and transferring to a UC after 2 years.
    I currently work at Starbucks right now. hehe (!)

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I play with babies. :slight_smile:

18. Hollywood

Well, I didn't get into UNC Chapel Hill where I was planning to double major in journalism and political science...so now I'm probably going to UNC Greensboro which has a great Political Science program but nothing dealing with journalism...so I'm not sure...

19. At the moment, I don't have a fixed source of income. On occasion, I'll baby-sit for my neighbor's kids, though.

College-wise, I've got several choices lined up but how well I do on the ACT, which I'll be taking in mid-April, will determine which colleges I apply to. I hope to double major in pre-med and psychology so that I can eventually become a psychiatrist.

20. Youngn0323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I currently work in a photolab at a grocery store... tomorrow is my last day!!!! i am then going to go wait tables with my best friend. I also attend college and am majoring in photography... fashion photography that is Hellz yeah. I want to work for Vogue some day!