1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Following from my other threads (Looks/tattoos/Personality, etc etc)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hi

So after reading some of the responses on the other threads I wanted to start a thread about something else which is close to these sorts of things. Acne!

What I'm asking is, is acne a turn off for you from it being mild to severe. I know it's not all about appearances as clearly stated in my other threads but I want to know what you guys think.

My personally I have mild acne and I don't think I will ever have perfect clear skin. I mean I'm 22 and they still have shifted, rather just calmed down. Now yeah I would go out with someone who has acne, I'm not vain, but then again I'd have to like the person as well, duh.

But then again, severe acne, I don't know.

I know acne can be caused by many things and isn't simply caused by poor hygiene but a variety of other reasons.

So, care to offer your thoughts

2. I dont mind a little bit of acne it doesn't bother me. Just not too much then its a turn off.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first boyfriend had acne. Bfd.

Lex

4. brocub

If it's the "just getting out of puberty" acne, it's fine. If it's really severe, I couldn't do it.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wouldn't bother me any.

6. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've had mild acne since high school and I'm pretty sure I always will. At first I really let it bother me- I thought all anyone could see when they looked at me was a big red spot on my face. It took me a while to realize that that's not true, and my extreme self-consciousness about it was actually the problem, not the acne itself.

So yes, I would date a person with acne. It's just one small aspect of a person's appearance anyway.

7. Meh. I don't mind so much.

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Personally, I have had pretty bad acne as a teenager and they still break out from time to time even though I'm 25. I have had to learn to look beyond that when I look at myself in the mirror. But the positive impact is that I've also learned to look beyond that in other people. So no, when I look at a person with severe acne, all I see is the same face without acne.

9. Tycho

Doesn't bother me too much. If someone has acne and is not trying anything to help themselves it would bother me a bit though.

10. Ianthe

I don't think acne would stop me from being interested in someone I was otherwise interested in.

Gazza123, I don't think your mild acne will prevent you from finding partners. Someone will think you are super amazingly hot and awesome, and all will be happiness. I swear.

11. Mad Man L

Anything beyond mild acne is a serious issue. And the worse it gets, the more it chops down one's attractiveness, significantly. It could send a perfect 10 to a 7-8 or so.

12. King

King Guest

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

You see right through all my forums don't you

14. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stress can contribute to acne flare-ups. So in a circular logical way, accept it and it will go away? :wink:. Back to your question, I suppose in the long run "it depends" but if we're simply talking superficial looks, i've known guys who had some acne and looked cute or hot as hell regardless, and guys with perfect skin who were blech :wink:. I suppose the location of the acne might "modify" behaviour (dunno about spending 15-30 min kissing his forehead while there's a really bad breakout there) but that's what the other parts/areas of the body are for. And like Tycho said, as long as it doesn't come off as part of serious hygiene neglect all over :wink:

15. LisforLisa

I really don't care how you look like. The only thing the matters to me is personality.

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Seconded.