1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC for beginner's?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eveninghush, Jun 8, 2012.

1. eveninghush

Hi guys, I'm new to EC and was just wondering how it's recommended for me to get the most of the site?

I guess advice in how to come out is what I would like, so the forum's there I guess. But I kind of just want other gay people to talk to properly, share stories, feel like I'm not so alone. Particularly gay people my age in the UK. No offence to Americans, it's just it's obviously easier to relate to people from the same society and culture etc.

Sorry, I know I sound a bit pathetic, I'm also not very familiar with the website's format. E.g. how do I know if someone replies to my thread? and also how do the blogs work? Sorry it's late, I'm tired, and I'm a bit crap with my new laptop.

Thanks guys, hope this is just the beginning of a long innings for me here on the site (at least till I've come out to ONE person)

e.h. x

God, I'm a grammar Nazi and I just realised there is a random apostrophe in the title. Grrr.

#1 eveninghush, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. Lewis

Just be yourself, nobody here will judge you! I'm from the UK too and everyone here has been more than welcoming.

Tell us all a little bit about yourself, your situation and if you can offer any support to others, please do. That's my favourite part of being on EC, helping others (considering I can't help myself!)

You'll fit right in, everyone is really friendly. :slight_smile:

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just start commenting on threads, make your own if there's something in particular you want to ask/say (as you've already done). If somebody says something that catches your attention or something and you want to talk to them more you can start a convocation with them my clicking on their profile and writing on their wall. The best way to get involved is to get involved (redundant sentence)

How do I know if someone replies to my thread?

I usually just see if it's gone to the top of the list on the front page, but you can set up an alert that sends you a notification.

Also how do the blogs work?

I don't have one but a few people do. I guess you just put whatever you want in it and then members can read and comment on them. I'm pretty sure non-members can't see blogs

...and the lesbians.

#3 Kerze, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012