1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinting that you're gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Willisilliw, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Willisilliw

I have been trying to hint about my sexuality... But it doesn't appear to be working. So; if anyone has any ideas of how to hint that I/you or anyone who wants to hint, is gay, please leave an idea here. I just don't want it to be a complete surprise to everyone.

P.s. These can be anything short of actually coming out (as funny or serious as you want)

2. Ianthe

Put rainbows on everything you own.

Talk about gay-related things ALL THE TIME.

Speculate about everyone's sexuality. (Do you think he could be gay?)

Start telling everyone they should date same-sex people--like, "You know Bill, you and Jim would make a really cute couple."

Suggest to all your friends that Pride would be really fun and you should all go.

Blatantly check out same-sex people.

Plaster posters of the people you REALLY think are hot all over your bedroom wall. And the ceiling above your bed. And all over your binder for school. Draw little hearts all around their faces.

Wear a shirt that says Legalize Gay.

3. Willisilliw

I already have #2 on the list checked off... I'm liking these others though. :slight_smile:

4. needshelp

whenever your friends talk about women or are checking women out, complete look the other direction showing no interest.

5. Wear a shirt that says "I'm so gay I shit rainbows" it's real I have one I bought it at Spencers. My parents won't let me leave the house wearing it but it's still a funny shirt.

6. FJ Cruiser

When talking about romantic interests, always mention them using gender neutral pronouns.

7. Willisilliw

I do this a lot, Sometimes I even slip up and just said him instead of her on accident.

8. Sayu

I wear rainbow stuff all the time, listen to gay groups, have really short haircut, dress as a boy, act like a boy, no make-up, etc. etc... When my mum says to me: "Oh look, he's so handsome, isn't he?", I reply: "Uhmmmm, yeah, maybe." And in school I openly protect LGBT when it comes to this topic :slight_smile: So basically many people suspect that I'm a part of it. I don't know how about my family (e.g. my brother told me he was surprised. But he also said that some people have already asked him whether I was gay or not :grin:).

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

What's wrong with it being a complete surprise to everyone? Most people are completely surprised when I tell them, and I've yet to have a negative experience because of it.

10. Lewis

I think you could be more subtle than to wear rainbow things (not a fan of rainbows myself). Just don't participate in conversations about girls and like others said, either look away or go completely off the subject. If anyone says anything negative towards gay rights or something, you forward your argument to that.

I think you should just tell them, if you'd be comfortable to wear a t-shirt saying you shit rainbows, I'm sure you can just say 'I'm gay'.

11. Lark

Lark Guest

Whenever someone says 'That girl is hot, et.c.' just reply with 'Whatever.' or 'If you say so.' On the other hand, if you see a guy you like, just say 'I like his hair.' or something that dosen't all-out show you are gay, but certainly indicates.

Another good thing is to bring up a subject like marriage equality and stress your support for it. If someone says something homophobic, correct them.

Also, draw rainbows on everything. When my friend used a rainbow pencil in Maths the other day, I was all 'omgsoawesomegimmiegimmiegimmie' and persuaded her to let me borrow it all day.

12. Christopher

Christopher Guest

Hi Willis,

Hint~Shmint!!

By hinting, you're giving someone the opportunity of either not responding at all, or coming back at you with words you may not like and which really, they don't mean.

Can you understand that?

If you feel you may be ready to come out, then come out and simply tell those who love you that you are gay, no more than that. I can assure you that though it may come as a surprise, or even a shock to some of your loved ones, at least there will be no room for mistakes!

If you only feel able to hint at your sexuality, I would suggest that perhaps you aren't ready just yet? After all, there's no rush to do this, you are very young yet so be kind to yourself and stick with it until you feel confident enough to tell a loved one........I'M GAY YOU KNOW !!

I'll bet you 5 bob that the person you tell will be touched that you have told THEM and they will love and respect you all the more for it.

Best wishes

CHRIS

13. Gen

Gen

The only thing I will tell you is just be yourself.

I am not "out" to anyone technically, mainly because there isnt really a need for me atm :/. But I act as "gay" as I would if I was. I act and say everything I want to. Im not very fem anyway but im not masculine either. I've noticed that unless your in a very conservative area, people wont call you out or anything for being gay just because they suspect it. Two of my friends are more to the fem side and no one bothers them. (One even sang "Im coming out" in class LOL). Alot of people arent positive of thier sexuality, but atleast in my area they dont usually hide their personalities either.

14. joeyblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only had two negative experiences so far. One was when I told a chick I was bi. Now we don't even talk anymore. She used to be one of my best friends. It was either cuz of that or cuz I told her she keeps more dick in her than Fruit of the Loom...not sure which. :shrug:

15. LisforLisa

Ask people if they support gay rights. Or tell people that you support gay rights.