1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About my crush...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Willisilliw, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Willisilliw

If you are, or when you where closeted. Were you ever asked ( in my case), "what is the girl you are interested in look like?", Then answered with a description of you actual crush... But Not pointing out it's a guy.

2. Sayu

No, this hasn't happened to me. It would actually be impossible to talk about girl (when asked about boy) in our language, because the words you use to describe men and women are different (every word).

3. Willisilliw

I have just given a vague general description... Like hair color, etc

4. Tycho

Hahaha yeah. But I think if I was into guys the general features (hair colour, eye colour etc) would be pretty similar to what I look for in girls . I never described physique as it would definitely give away the fact I like girls.

5. Ianthe

When I was your age, I was not aware that I was a lesbian. I did have an enormous crush on a girl that I went to school with, but it took me a while to even recognize it for what it was. And there were guys that were friends of mine that I thought it might be kind of okay if we went out, which I fooled myself into thinking was the same thing as liking them (it's not).

My official "best friend" was kind of a narcissist, so mostly everything was all about her, and I didn't have too much difficulty avoiding questions about who I was interested in most of the time. But once, another of my friends was hanging out with us and really pushed me about what guys I was interested in. I protested that I was uncomfortable and didn't want to talk about it. She and the narcissist kind of ganged up on me, and kept throwing the different names of guys at me. When I hesitated about one guy, they decided that I liked him. For a while, they kind of convinced me, too, which is sad when you think about it. But when he dated my sister, I didn't really mind, so really I don't think I ever was actually into him.

By the time I really realized I was gay, no one was asking me those kinds of questions any more, at least not often--I was in my late twenties--and then I didn't stay in the closet for very long. So I never really was in that kind of situation as someone who knew she was gay but wasn't out.