1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cripple and the dog...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hydrogen, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Hydrogen

So, let me tell you about my exciting morning...

Tyler had to go out and run some errands this morning, and apparently didn't fully close the door when he left. It took me a few minutes to realize why the traffic outside sounded so much louder, and then realized, that the door was open and Sky (our 6 month old puppy) was nowhere to be found.

now, remember, I have to use a wheel chair / crutches to get around right now.

So, I hobbled down the steps and started looking for him, and quickly realized I was going to need help. I called a friend of mine to come help, and he managed to find out where Sky was, running through people's back yards two streets over, but he was afraid to come to my friend...

In the end, it took me, my friend, 3 cops, and a plumber who was working down the street and noticed we needed help, about 45 minutes to catch Sky. He has WAY too much puppy energy.

This is really just a rant, since I can't yell at Sky, and Tyler is not here. I fell twice while trying to catch up to Sky, and now am about as sore and miserable as I have been in a while. I am sure the neighbors got a good laugh out of this, I noticed two people just watching.. part of me wanted to yell at them for not helping.

I am also surprised at how Sky acted, he usually comes without a problem when I call him, but I think he realized he was free, and enjoyed the outdoors. He would always go with me on part of my daily runs, and he hasn't since the accident, so I am guessing it just felt good to him to be able to run free, instead of being in the apartment with me.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was about to tell you that it is not appropriate to refer to physically disabled people as "crippled" before I read that you were actually refering to yourself. :roflmao:

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get mad at my boyfriend when he refers to himself as "crippled" (he has an impairment)... I hate it when he puts himself down. I know that it really bothers him and I do my best to make him feel better...

But yeah, what a day!

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nice story...and good to hear you're recovering well. I sort of lost the thread after I'd heard of your accident.

5. HeyItzme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ouch... Good that you found your dog; Sucks that you fell twice :dry:

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like quite an eventful day. :eek:

I love the name Sky though. :grin: :grin:

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

lol. another reason i hate dogs. if one of our cats escaped they'd hang out for a while then return home. and plus they'd remember where home is.

8. Ty

Ty Guest

I love my dogs :slight_smile: I find cats to be so weird... freaks of the animal kingdom i say!